Which Mobile for 30K-HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S2/Galaxy S2 Plus vs Galaxy S3 Plus??

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Firstly,the questionare
1.Budget-Rs 30K (Max)
2. Display type and size?Not bigger than 4.5" preferably,Max 5.0" strictly.Anything which doesnt strain eyes,with good sunlight readability
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?HTC,Samsung...No LG Please...Unsure about Sony,as I know nothing about its service.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.All are available in my budget
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.Again,all are available,atleast an 8MPx shooter.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?Nothing as such
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?Camera,Internet,Movie,Music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?HTC One X,One S,S2,S2+ and S3
12. Any other info that you want to share

Can mini sim be converted to micro sim and vice versa??If no,then S3 is out of list
My other requirements are-
Should be futureproof,and have a good service.
I'm getting the Mobiles at following rates-
S3 @ Rs.28500
S2 @ Rs.24000
S2+@ Rs.21000(Expected)
One S @ Rs 28000
One X @ Rs.30000
Please advise as quickly as possible,have to get one ASAP,for my friend....Dear Sam,I need you here!!!!

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Thanks a lot bro,But note 2 is just too big...My friend frowns at my S3,don't know what she'll do when I'll suggest her the Note 2 ....She says that talking on my S3 feels like holding a slate near your ears!!!Maxm Screen Size can be that of S3,not more than that.

tkin

Back to school!!
Firstly,the questionare
1.Budget-Rs 30K (Max)
2. Display type and size?Not bigger than 4.5" preferably,Max 5.0" strictly.Anything which doesnt strain eyes,with good sunlight readability
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?HTC,Samsung...No LG Please...Unsure about Sony,as I know nothing about its service.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.All are available in my budget
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.Again,all are available,atleast an 8MPx shooter.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?Nothing as such
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?Camera,Internet,Movie,Music
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?HTC One X,One S,S2,S2+ and S3
12. Any other info that you want to share

Can mini sim be converted to micro sim and vice versa??If no,then S3 is out of list
My other requirements are-
Should be futureproof,and have a good service.
I'm getting the Mobiles at following rates-
S3 @ Rs.28500
S2 @ Rs.24000
S2+@ Rs.21000(Expected)
One S @ Rs 28000
One X @ Rs.30000
Please advise as quickly as possible,have to get one ASAP,for my friend....Dear Sam,I need you here!!!!
Get S3, for your other question: Noosy Micro Sim to Mini Sim Card Convert Adapters Galaxy S3 Note 2 Nokia Lumia | eBay
Branded Noosy Micro Sim To Mini Sim Card Converter Adapters HTC 8X 8S One X S | eBay

Mini can be cut to micro, which then can be put in an adapter to be used as a mini again.

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Okay,Another question,Is HTC One X worth going over S3,I specially love it because of the Solid build quality.The plasticky build of my S3 puts me off every single time I hold it.How is HTC's support,service and UI??

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If Note 2 is big then I'm sorry to say the only option left is S3.
Forget about S2, it's too damn old.

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay,Another question,Is HTC One X worth going over S3,I specially love it because of the Solid build quality.The plasticky build of my S3 puts me off every single time I hold it.How is HTC's support,service and UI??
Both are fine mobiles, but SGS III edges out One X marginally: HTC One X vs. Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - GSMArena.com

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@tkin
Thanks,and how is beats audio??Is there something in it,or is it just a gimmick??

@ithehappy
The only reason S2 was considered was because the user is not that tech savvy that 4 cores of S3 will be used,and most importantly,because of its smaller screen size and rear shape..S3's rear shape is not to my taste at all.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin
Thanks,and how is beats audio??Is there something in it,or is it just a gimmick??

@ithehappy
The only reason S2 was considered was because the user is not that tech savvy that 4 cores of S3 will be used,and most importantly,because of its smaller screen size and rear shape..S3's rear shape is not to my taste at all.
Beats audio is cr@p, also I remember reading a review which tested and proved beats audio did absolutely nothing to improve audio quality, a software eq would do better.

And I am on this with you, samsung desperately needs a good design team, all their designs suck, the SIII is too girly for my taste, but would suit a girl rather fine.

Last edited:
OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@tkin...........Really??Then I guess I should better leave the design choice on the user itself....Hoping that she finds the design awesome,so that the drawback of big size gets hidden!!! :p

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin...........Really??Then I guess I should better leave the design choice on the user itself....Hoping that she finds the design awesome,so that the drawback of big size gets hidden!!! :p
You do that, just look at that curvy frame, who can tell that it has one of the fastest mobile soc's onboard?
*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTseACSH76JlCsqtK9fzILvo4cLSZ9uF44B4o53AEMKu9Ik5Uf_

This is how you design a phone:
*t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8PLhEmq6E5u0qrB76ijo8GY8DxWYwjwPRy8EBU3l1fqtSaLETMw

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^ Exactly!!!!Now this looks manly and handsome....But,looks like I've got my answer.....I request mods and other users to keep pouring suggestions and keep this thread open untill we have finalised something...Thanks a lot guys,,You rock!! :high5:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ Exactly!!!!Now this looks manly and handsome....But,looks like I've got my answer.....I request mods and other users to keep pouring suggestions and keep this thread open untill we have finalised something...Thanks a lot guys,,You rock!! :high5:

When I had to buy a phone for my father, I recommended Galaxy S3 against iPhone 5 or HTC One X. But the plasticky built quality of S3 is a turnoff...

I would suggest HTC One X for your friend... Or if budget could be increased a bit more, then the new HTC One X+... Screen is the best in the world... and built quality is really solid...

*www.htc.com/managed-assets/shared/desktop/smartphones/htc-one-x/marquee-v3/slide-1-white.png

I would have bought HTC One X if it wasn't for their locked bootloader policy, which I hate. But for your friend, that phone is excellent... A lot better to hold and look than Galaxy S3...

OP
swiftshashi

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
When I had to buy a phone for my father, I recommended Galaxy S3 against iPhone 5 or HTC One X. But the plasticky built quality of S3 is a turnoff...

I would suggest HTC One X for your friend... Or if budget could be increased a bit more, then the new HTC One X+... Screen is the best in the world... and built quality is really solid...

*www.htc.com/managed-assets/shared/desktop/smartphones/htc-one-x/marquee-v3/slide-1-white.png

I would have bought HTC One X if it wasn't for their locked bootloader policy, which I hate. But for your friend, that phone is excellent... A lot better to hold and look than Galaxy S3...

1.What is this bootloader policy bro??
2.How is HTC's service in cities like Ranchi/Patna??

@ Empirial
But LG's service is a pain,and its products aren't that great in quality as well....Samsung at least has a decent ass.

Empirial

Youngling
But LG's service is a pain,and its products aren't that great in quality as well....Samsung at least has a decent ass.

LO4X feels much more soild & the build quality is way better then SGS3. Also, Lg will unlock bootloader with JB update. I've no idea about Lg A.S.S.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
1.What is this bootloader policy bro??

An unlocked bootloader allows you to flash custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Allows you access to fastboot...

But 99.9% of people don't care about it... And neither would your friend... Go ahead and buy it...

HTC warranty is excellent... Don't know about Ranchi...

dixit8611

Journeyman
You do that, just look at that curvy frame, who can tell that it has one of the fastest mobile soc's onboard?
*t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTseACSH76JlCsqtK9fzILvo4cLSZ9uF44B4o53AEMKu9Ik5Uf_

This is how you design a phone:
*t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8PLhEmq6E5u0qrB76ijo8GY8DxWYwjwPRy8EBU3l1fqtSaLETMw

Hold both these phones in your hands and use for a while and you will know why samsung compromised on fake looks and gave us a solid ergonomic solution. Due to the curved edges it is extremely comfortable to hold galaxy s3 for a long duration.

Well i recommend HTC phone for a girl because phone is downright sexy looking + default software is extremely capable ( UI, lockscreen etc everything rocks). The only advantage S3 has over HTC one x is better custom ROM support and better performance which your friend will never use.

Last edited:

5fusion

Journeyman
HTC phones would be good from a girl's point of view as they look really nice with better build quality than samsung. One S should be more than enough performance for her as i dont think they bother about dual or quad cores and you end up saving a lot than the quad core ones. when it went out of stock on flipkart, was around 25k. check some local shops as they may even sell it for a bit lesser price.
else One X.

Top Bottom