Which is the best linux?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
there is no such thing as the best distro .. its what suits you best that you call the best ..
this is a presentation I had given to the OSUM club of my college .. Its not the best .. but its all I could do in four hours ...

*docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0Ac-hyn96TO3PZGhwdzkzMndfMTUwZmJwYm5uY3Y&hl=en_GB

hope it helps :)

Very Nice. Good Work. :smile:
Beautifully explained.

abhijangda

Padawan
there is no such thing as the best distro .. its what suits you best that you call the best ..
this is a presentation I had given to the OSUM club of my college .. Its not the best .. but its all I could do in four hours ...

*docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0Ac-hyn96TO3PZGhwdzkzMndfMTUwZmJwYm5uY3Y&hl=en_GB

hope it helps :)

Good presentation.
Simple and easy to understand language.
Also good way to type Thank You. (7h4|\|k Y[]U).

jayantr7

In the zone

Ubuntu or Linux Mint for beginners is the best option.....Fedora have many steep learning curve which is more for advanced Linux user...

By the way,I am a Windows guy and will be forever.However,I'm thinking of using a Linux distro.But as I am concerned with my sweet,geeky dumbness,I'll use Fedora as the first option[I guess]. :)

salvachn

Broken In

Ubuntu or Linux Mint for beginners is the best option.....Fedora have many steep learning curve which is more for advanced Linux user...

By the way,I am a Windows guy and will be forever.However,I'm thinking of using a Linux distro.But as I am concerned with my sweet,geeky dumbness,I'll use Fedora as the first option[I guess]. :)

That Fedora is only for advanced Linux users is FUD. It has all the bleeding edge applications, and it is very good for people who have some Linux experience. If someone is reasonably experienced and knows his/her way around any OS, they can safely use Fedora.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Linux mint 9 . It has all multimedia apps and other required apps. U ll get it in chip dvd and late as always in this month issue of digit.

jayantr7

In the zone
If you are very good programmer of something like that,then there's no "Best" Linux distro.
Just modify your LinuxOS[Code too] and your new better OS will be ready.....

probir

Broken In
if you just a operator i mean just want to do everything then SUSE Linux distro is best for you. it is more comfortable.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Ok I am not making new thread because this is same topic and this active

SO my question is I believe their is no difference between ubuntu studio and ubunt ... just that ubuntu studio has multimedia apps ...

I am going to use it on VMware workstation ..my system specs are

Athlon 2 x4 ,2gb RAM ...... I will provide 10 gb hard-disk space, 1gb ram and 1 or 2 core to ubuntu studio (I will go for ubuntu studio)

As I need to use max and all others appz so no way I am shifiting to linux but I want to use it ..

Is it better to download amd64 bit iso or that normal Intel32 bit is good. I mean any problem with amd 64bit..(bcoz of 64bit) as I remember reading that 32 bit is recommended

Edit :- My 1000 Post

abhishek98

Right off the assembly line
ubuntu is best for beginners & users who only need linux for day 2 day activities ;)

fedora, debian are for users who like to explore & do more with linux capabilities

Top Bottom