Which is the Best graphics card under rs 6.7K?

the10karan

Broken In
Hello TDF,i want to buy graphics card for my little brother.I decided to buy an HD 6670 DDR5 1GB,but my brother says he wants 2gb,i tried to make him understand that he wont get 2gb DDR5 at such price,but he don't understand.And since his PC config is old,anything above an HD 6670 will bottleneck his CPU.And he wants to play games at 1366*768 resolution at medium settings,i don't even think that games will even use 1GB at that resolution,so what should i do?. Here are the specs-Processor-Core 2 duo.
Ram-2gb ddr2
HDD-320gb
PSU-280 watts(that too chinese -.-).
Current GPU- A crappy GeForce GT 210 ddr3 1GB.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
hd 7750 consumes 43w at max power..it would be fine (provided that he already running gt 210 - which consumes 31w)

Later save money and get Antec BP 300 @ 1.8k

OP
T

the10karan

Broken In
hd 7750 consumes 43w at max power..it would be fine (provided that he already running gt 210 - which consumes 31w)

Later save money and get Antec BP 300 @ 1.8k

Are you sure,bro?Because i don't wanna take risk.And i heard HD 7750 will bottleneck a core 2 duo CPU.Also this comment by harshil sharma makes me say "NO" to HD 7750- Quote Originally Posted by the10karan View Post
Will HD 7750 work on 280 watts PSU?
Nope. You should upgrade the PSU too as it's of low wattage and Chinese as the same time.

OP
T

the10karan

Broken In
But it's just 300 watts,and HD 7750 requires 400 watt. :/

What about this PSU?- *www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs450-450-watt-psu/p/itmdbfa3kaffmum3?pid=PSUDBF9ZBHSJVGJ8&icmpid=reco_pp_same_psu_2

But it's just 300 watts,and HD 7750 requires 400 watt. :/

What about this PSU?- Corsair VS450 450 Watt PSU - Corsair: Flipkart.com

> The wattage rating is almost always exaggerated to make people have sufficient power available.

> At some point or other, you will definitively overclock the graphic card as it's extremely easy and tempting. At this point a 300 W PSU will not be enough. I suggest you to delay the purchase, collect some more money and get a quality PSU with the graphic card later.

OP
T

the10karan

Broken In
> The wattage rating is almost always exaggerated to make people have sufficient power available.

> At some point or other, you will definitively overclock the graphic card as it's extremely easy and tempting. At this point a 300 W PSU will not be enough. I suggest you to delay the purchase, collect some more money and get a quality PSU with the graphic card later.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Is This a nice PSU? www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs450-450-watt-psu/p/itmdbfa3kaffmum3?pid=PSUDBF9ZBHSJVGJ8&icmpid=reco_pp_same_psu_2

Top Bottom