which is the best free online storage facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i have a few gigs of docs to store.. i need a service which offers online storage with data security.

i need PC sync or ftp facility also. any free services :)
PC sync or ftp is imp.

thank you

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Won't be fair to expect so much from a free service.
Dropbox, humyo provide pc sync facility.
Or you can use zoho docs too if you use M$ Office. They provide addon for that. I think it's also possible on google docs.
What do you mean by security? Want encryption ?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I like Dropbox.. It's SOOOO seamless! You will like it! Free account in only 2GB though.

I like Dropbox.. It's SOOOO seamless! You will like it! Free account in only 2GB though.
Wow, it even supports Linux and has an official opensource client.

BTW, wikipedia says you can extend 2GB to 5GB if you invite people over to use dropbox. How many invites do you need for that ?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yup.. I though you used dropbox! All of us at IRC use it :p I won a lifetime 50GB account from them :D I think the number if invites should be mentioned once you sign up and check the invite page.

Yup.. I though you used dropbox! All of us at IRC use it :p

I never needed to use file sharing. :|
When I did I used mediafire.

BTW, this is tied to Craptilius right ? I want Dolphin or Konqueror or even better, cross-platform support where it just monitors a folder using a daemon or something which has its own configuration file.

I won a lifetime 50GB account from them :D

WoW! how ? :D

I think the number if invites should be mentioned once you sign up and check the invite page.

Explain please.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Dropbox +1
You said you have a few GIGS of "Documents" ????????????? :)
Strange. If they are just "Documents" I think you can get good compression with zip or rar?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hmm... dropbox users 1 question, can I provide a download link for downloading a particular, or is that software required. Say if I want to post a download link here, so that anonymous peoples can also download it, so is this possible?

And OP, u can also skydrive or indrive.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^Yes. you can. You have to move the file in your public folder. And unlike other services, the link is direct. The user isn't required to enter any code/captcha or press any key, the file download starts as soon as he clicks on the link.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
thanks everyone

Dropbox +1
You said you have a few GIGS of "Documents" ????????????? :)
Strange. If they are just "Documents" I think you can get good compression with zip or rar?

hey .. by documents i didnt mean jus word docs ... everything pics videos everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom