Which is more futureproof?

yochan

Broken In
buying a cpu n mobo is a big question to me i have researched a lot n thought of buying a z77 mobo n ivybridge cpu ...to be exact asrock z77extreme4 n i5 3450 i will be buying ati 7850 no matter what...a lot of people said better buy a p67 mobo because it doesnot have a igpu n the reason why z77 is costly is because of that stupid igpu which i will never need. if i buy a p67 mobo there will be no need to buy a ivybridge cpu coz the only reason to buy ivy,z77 n 7850 was to make full use of pci 3.0

so now im confused...MY question is which is more future proof ? i will be upgrading graphics card after 1or2 years n i will be going for atleast 30k graphics card after 2 years. so which will be more future proof motherbord n future proof cpu that wont be bottlenecking my gtx 770 or ati 8950 after 2years :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, actually Z68 and Z77 can make use of Quick Sync which is very very fast for H.264 video encoding. So, I will not be suggesting you P67. Stick with Z68/Z77.

PCIe 2.0/3.0 won't matter anymore. HD 7850 will see ZERO performance difference even if it is put in PCIe 1.0 from 2007.

One thing, as you are going for Z68/Z77 chipset, you _should_ be getting a K series CPU. i5-2500K or i5-3570K. Don't go for a Non-K.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
^ I believe a 2500K will be future-proof for atleast 2-3 years. It loses to IVB cpus only in terms of power efficiency. In terms of performance, the current line-up of IVB CPUs don't justify an upgrade IMO.

I suggest i5 2500k+z77 mobo

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. P67 boards are not available in the market.
2. Please mention your budget so that we can suggest an appropriate combo to you.

1. P67 boards are not available in the market.
2. Please mention your budget so that we can suggest an appropriate combo to you.

OP
Y

yochan

Broken In
total budget is 57500

i already have a monitor

and im buying 7850 which is about 15k

so its 42k for rest of the parts

please suggest

thanks in advance

also if there is 6k left i will buy 7870

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy this:

i5-2500K or i5-3570K.
Any Z77 or Z68 motherboard you like.
HD 7850/HD 7870.

----------------------

PCIe 3.0 makes NO difference at as far as gaming performance of graphic cards is concerned and I don't see it making a difference even after 4 years. PCIe 2.0 is fine.

If you are buying H67 or H77 motherboard, you should get a non-K processor.
If you are buying a P67 or Z68 or Z77 motherboard, it is FOOLISH to get a non-K processor. You should only get K processor with these.

For motherboards, read this thread very very carefully.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/150570-intel-lga-1155-motherboard-thread.html

Note: H67 and H77 are almost same. Z68 and Z77 are almost same.

Reason to get a Z motherboard over P67 is - Intel Quick Sync, which I believe is worth it for video encoding.

Only a K series processor with a Z motherboard is futureproof as K series processors can be overclocked very easily. Een if you are not into overclocking, you should be getting K series processor as you have the budget.

OP
Y

yochan

Broken In
can anyone tell me how much wud 3550k and asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 cost? will they be under 22k.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
3550k is not available bro.Its 3570K you are looking for. That would be available between 15k and 16k. And the right motherboard for that would be a z77 one, cheapest being sold by Gigabyte for around 8k.

As ico said, Pcie 3.0 is yet nascent and it will be quite a while before we see a card utilizing it's full potential.

At 22k, you will get a decent Sandy bridge processor/mobo combo. I suggest dont waste your money on current Ivy Bridge processors as performance increase is negligible and dont justify the price. You either wait for a price revision or go for a 2500k.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pick up i5-2500K like warfreak said. It costs around 12.5K. i5-3570K will cost 15K and it isn't worth getting it. Performance increase is negligible and most importantly, i5-2500K runs much cooler.

Motherboard? You can get many decent Z68/Z77 motherboard around 10K.

One more thing, DO NOT compromise on the power supply. Get Corsair GS600 or Seasonic S12II 520w @ 4K.

OP
Y

yochan

Broken In
i have madeup my mind to buy tx 650 or tx 750 for future crossfire

i think tx650 is the best considering the price n value!

Top Bottom