Which is good FAT32 or NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhasingale

Journeyman
Hi friends just want to kno some detail about NTFS partition and FAT32 partion. Please tel me wich is Best type and WHY? And Also wat's the difference between them.

rajas

In the zone
Already discussed in the following threads:

*thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6773&highlight=fat32+ntfs
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4559&highlight=fat32+ntfs
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7300&highlight=ntfs+fat32
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19194&highlight=fat32+ntfs

plz search b4 posting

h4xbox

Journeyman
@doctor : NTFS surely is the best of the two becoz its having a good encryption and two more advantages mainly.

If you have a dual boot with win98 and winxp or a os that needs fat32 file system , and if u want to see the winxp partition / os partition from win98 , then u can use fat32...thats what dheeraj i think has expressed.

Correct me if iam wrong folks

Journeyman
Something which I do not understand.. Why dual booting with Win98 and WinXP.. When there is WinXP why do you need Win98???

rajas

In the zone
Y not :shock: Win98 isn't a bad OS. many in the world still use 98. No heavy OS, and many a times runs clean than XP do.
No more updates. :wink:
Can use older versions of Oracle, games which mite not work on XP.

Calcatian

Journeyman
rajas said:
Y not :shock: Win98 isn't a bad OS. many in the world still use 98. No heavy OS, and many a times runs clean than XP do.

Want best of the both world :?:
Wait a bit more...

3 more WinXP editions 2b released...!!! LongHorn != Xp Death
read this here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20893

:roll: , just ignore the footnote OK :?: coz we settled d issue...
8)

escape7

What? Where? How?
rajas said:
Win 98 hangs 98 times when it runs. I had it for 6 months when i got my pc, after that i updated to 2000.

D

Deleted member 5901

NTFS NEday !! IT gives a performance Boost to the OS's win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 !!

THis beats FAT32 hands Down. :wink:

rohanbee

Padawan
Funny thing i just noted that in my partitioned hard disk one is ntfs and the other part is Fat 32..................how do i convert it to ntfs??
someone instruct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom