Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Hi guys
I plan to upgrade my PC so as to play games for at least 2 years without upgrading it.
I will buy a gud gfx card wid 256MB mem

So tell me which is the better option:
A fast processor (say 2.8 to 3.0 Ghz) with limited memory (1Ghz)
Or
A moderate processor (2.0~2.4~2.6) with 2Gbs memory.

This thought came because even the hungry OS like Vista has a minimum processor requirementof 800Mhz. Is the slower processor gonna slow up the gaming.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Keep in mind I dont plan to upgrade it too often. And I want to install a 64bit OS like Kubuntu so tell me is the Core2 processor 64bit?

Thanks*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Well for the whole PC, Its about 60k. I am looking forward for a customised Dell Desktop/Laptop. Are they gud???
And which is better for gaming: A desktop or a Laptop.
I know the answer is desktop but is there any lapy within 60k budget which can be used for playing games for about 2 years without the need for upgrade.

shashank4u

Youngling
dont go for a slow processor and cheap mobo..
they are the main factors in determining the speed of the computer .
get C2D with some premium mobo with 1 gb RAM thats it .

if you plans to use vista than the more RAM u have the better it gets.

ancientrites

In the zone
cynosure said:
Well for the whole PC, Its about 60k. I am looking forward for a customised Dell Desktop/Laptop. Are they gud???
And which is better for gaming: A desktop or a Laptop.
I know the answer is desktop but is there any lapy within 60k budget which can be used for playing games for about 2 years without the need for upgrade.

go for assembled ones

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
I would go for a moderate processor and with 2gig memory, overclock the proccy slightly and enjoy the added power.

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
YOu guys are just confusing me...
Thanks anyways.
I think I will go for a moderate Processor, Is 2.6~2.8 Ghz a gud one? C2D is on my mind currently.

I read the post about C2D vs Athlon 64, I flipped through the first 2 pages and It seemd that theres no end to the battles in the digit forums. So guys tell me, is the C2D pro 64 bit?

sakumar79

Technomancer
If gaming is your main concern, I would suggest decent proccy (AMD has a good Dualcore if best proccy is not needed), 1 GB RAM and invest rest in gfx card...

Arun

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@cynosure
ya, C2D are 64 bit and also a dual core with shared cache.

The best config for u is:

C2D E6400 : 11k
P5B Deluxe : 9k
2*1GB 667: 10k
XFX 7900GS : 12k
250 sata 2 : 3.5k
19" LCD Samsung 940BW : 13k

If u are low on budget then even an E6300[8.5k] is enuf for gaming. Ur first preference shud be Gcard. I recomend wait a few months[max 2] and get the 8600GS, GT or GTS. They are way better than the 7900 based cards and at lower prices.
ANd go for assembled PC with the components of ur choice.

rest ur choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom