Which is Best UPS for 30min Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawaz123

Broken In
I want to buy a good UPS which should long lost for atleast 30min.
Please give ur suggestions

My PC configuration is:

Pentium 1.5Ghz
Motherbaord Intel D845WN
300W SMPS
TV tunercard(mercury)
Graphics card Geforce 2MX(Tv-out)
Lan card connected(PCI one)
Modem
15" Monitor
DVD writer and CD writer.

I also wish digit would have reviewed some UPS this time. They did't reviewed UPS till yet in there mag(Digit).

Please suggest one UPS..

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
don't go for APC, they r best in terms of quality but too much high in price.
For 15 min backup go for APC Backup ES 500 VA or Powercom 600 VA both 2100 in Mumbai.
If u want higher Powercom BNT1000KP 1KVA for 4300 bucks in Mumbai
I have done a lot research on UPS in Mumbai coz i am gonna buy Powercom 1kva in few days

manmay

Journeyman
i get a back up of 25-30 mins from my apc 500 va.
i got it for 2300 bucks here in surat .
2 yr warranty onsite.
my config is even more consuming than his.
17'' monitor. lg
amd 64 3000+ 939 pin.
512 mb ddr.
dvd rom. dvd writer.
fdd.
mobo is msi rs480m2 il.

i get a stable 25 mins back up minimum. so i think witha 15 '' monitor u shoulf get atleast 30 mins.
and man value for money and service is mindblowing for apc.

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
Today I went to ask UPS rates. I went one shop wherein he told me to buy microtek. Bcos it is cheap compare to APC. I asked the rate for
APC 1KVA=7150/-
Microtek 800VA=2760/-

Then let me again search for other make. Then I found powersafe 1KVAEco=4250/-incl tax..

I don't know how good it is. But even this one is 2batt each 12V/7Ah(CBS made)..

Give some time to charge fully for testing this UPS.

I will review tomarrow for u guys.

Becos digit will not review most of the things that we need like UPS, MP3 player latest ones, RAM, Harddisk...

I believe they will do this time....

manmay

Journeyman
i dont think domestic users would need ups of 1 kva rating unless u stay in a place with lots of power cuts.

ups also prevent the voltage spikes from reaching your equipment. where i live it is a necessity. if u dont use a stabilizer or a good quality ups u can end up frying up your mobo.

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
Here is a Review Of Powersafe 1000VAECO.

I charged the ups without using it for anything.

After that I have connected my UPS it lost me for of about 27min with 15inch moniton samtron 56v and

My CPU(for config see above)

It lost me for of about 26min..

I was expecting for 45min+

It didn't lost that much..

So, I called the service person. He told me to use normally for 2days then I should check he told.

Actually according to him it should give 50min for 1PC.(But what kind...no iDEAAA)

So, I just see for 2days I will let u know..

CHEERS>

manmay

Journeyman
at my place i have 2 pcs almost same config....both having 17'' monitor one lg and other samsung...both having apc 500 va ups. both of them give us atleast 25 mins backup....we charge them normally....ie while keeping them connected to the pcs....

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
500VA CANNOT GIVE FOR 20MIN BACKUP. THAT TO IT WON'T GIVE BACKUP FOR WITH 17' MONITOR.

U R LYING TO ME.

CHECK THE CAMPARISION TEST

*www.powersafeups.com/comparisonchart.htm

EVEN I HAVE APC 500 AVR PRO BUT IT GIVES 5min backup if connect my monitor.

KEEP RESEARCHING. ASK THE EXPERTS>>

manmay

Journeyman
suit ur self .... there is no toher way to make u believe...and ...i dont care if u dont believe...

there must be something seriously wrong with ur ups...becoz i know i'm not lying...

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
hey manmay, did u get the 20+ min backup on APC 500 with monitor off? WAs ur pc idle for that time? I guess yes.

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
manmay said:
suit ur self .... there is no toher way to make u believe...and ...i dont care if u dont believe...

there must be something seriously wrong with ur ups...becoz i know i'm not lying...

I think u have connected all.

But u might have kept in standby mode...CPU :twisted: :twisted:

Monitor connected to the ups but front switch is off.

SO it is giving 20+ backup is it???

aadipa

Padawan
VA ratings are the maximum load the UPS can take. The backup time depends on the battery backup and not on the VA ratings. Hope this solves the confusion why less VA are giving longer backups.

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
aadipa said:
VA ratings are the maximum load the UPS can take. The backup time depends on the battery backup and not on the VA ratings. Hope this solves the confusion why less VA are giving longer backups.

So, according to u. If u charge 500VA or anything for 2days it gives same backup.

VA will not count..

I think VA is backup load with which it could handle that much of load.

VA counts. Even charging a UPS counts but limit is restrcited by VA..

You got it bro..

manmay

Journeyman
dude i'm quite computer literate ....enuf to know what is standby mode and hibernation.....and other stuff....what do u take me for.....

for your imformation......the back up time provide by my ups WHEN THE MONITOR IS KEPT SWITCHED OFF is 1hr 05 mins.
25 mins of backup that i hav mentioned previously is buck up time when the monitor and cpu are working in normal state....I.E. SWITCHED ON.

apc is reputed for its quality of battery. and if u notice the battery size is also > than other company similar rating ups.

2 such ups are there in my home.
and 3 other ups hav been bought by my friends under my recomendation and their own real time observation at my palce

i'm using the product and u r trying to show me comparison tests...which contradict my own observation...and i;m not talking abt once in a while thing. we hav load sheding in surat once a week ie on saturdays...during the after noon hrs....so there hav been numerous obsevations....

@ ashnik.....

no.... 25 mins is the back up provided while watching a movie with head phones on.(i dont hav speakers as of now.) . even while playing a game(nfsmw) if there is load shedding ...i'm able to play the game for atleast 25 mins.
thats why i hav written 25 mins back up time ATLEAST.

enuf for today.
and pl dont use such language as....
"U R LYING TO ME"

this is a public forum...where u share information.

aadipa

Padawan
nawaz123 said:
aadipa said:

So, according to u. If u charge 500VA or anything for 2 days it gives same backup.

VA will not count..

You are getting me wrong. In simple terms,
VA = Number of instruments it can take without failing, the load.
Backup = Capacity of batteries in the the UPS

It is not about how much you charge, because UPS are charged while in use too, so we consider that they are fully charged at time of test.

Now my point is that, a UPS with 500VA may last longer than 1KVA if it has more number of batteries or higher capacity batteries in it.

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
aadipa said:
nawaz123 said:
aadipa said:

So, according to u. If u charge 500VA or anything for 2 days it gives same backup.

VA will not count..

You are getting me wrong. In simple terms,
VA = Number of instruments it can take without failing, the load.
Backup = Capacity of batteries in the the UPS

It is not about how much you charge, because UPS are charged while in use too, so we consider that they are fully charged at time of test.

Now my point is that, a UPS with 500VA may last longer than 1KVA if it has more number of batteries or higher capacity batteries in it.

Obviously 1KVA UPS will have higher capacity batteries than compare to 500VA.

Otherwise you cannot differentiate between the two.

Capacity wise and batterwise 1KVA is much greater than 500VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom