which is best bookmark manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_callis

Broken In
frndz suggest me a good bookmark manager....
i have large no of bookmarks and to organize them i need a good bookmark manager

johnnie-X

Right off the assembly line
I recommend you to check Bookmark Base. It's a portable bookmark manager which can sync bookmarks between different browsers (and PCs if you'll copy it on some storage device).

mightyboosh

Broken In
i actually run Linux and Windows, and have to hop back and forth a lot.

Foxmarks (Firefox) does all the work for me, it's beautiful..haven't used any other bookmark tool since then since i don't even realise which OS i'd bookmarked a page in. Although, i haven't tried any of the other applications mentioned above.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Does Foxmark do the following?

I use dual boot XP VISTA & most of my bookmarks are on XP+firefox but now there are few bookmarks on Vista+firefox.

What I want is that Both should have each others bookmark, in past I have tried many but Sync messed up badly & I lost bookmarks, the recent try is google bookmark synch which I tried 3 days ago & now I see lot of empty folder (bookmark lost).

I don't need to share bookmarks just need sync so if some are missing from vista it should have it & some are missing on XP it should also have it.

Kniwor

Learner
I've been using forxmarks forever, and here's how (I think) it's sync function works.

If u add a new bookmarks, it will update it on the server, will also update any new bookmarks found on the server in your browser. The only time when it will delete a bookmark from your server is if u have "deleted" it in your browser...
There can be two reasons a bookmark on the server is not on your browser..
A) The bookmark was added to server from another place, in this case FBS will add it to your browser.
B) The bookmark was present on the browser and you recently deleted it, in this case (and only in this case) will it delete the bookmark on the server.

Alternatively, if u find this annoyging, just disable automatic sync, u can copy in and out manually, and keep the bookmarks updated using foxmarks.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have a huge amount of categorized bookmarks 1,62,000 in 280 directories & I want that my directory structure should remain the same.

If I create some new directory on vista & add 10 bookmarks in that it should sync & show me on XP too.

Kniwor

Learner
Yeah it does that exactly as u're willing, but I would suggest first you do a little experiment on your own.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
OK thanks I will create a new profile in Firefox on XP & Vista then try with that if it works or not so I don't loose my bookmarks as it happened with Google browser sync in my case.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I decided for foxmark extension in FF & installed on both comps & it works seamlessly, the moment I add a bookmark it sync it in a while automatically, else it does check at the time I shut browser & ask me to do the sync.

I prefer auto sync so I have set the option accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom