Which Internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
Hi,

I need a Wireless Internet connection, please give me detailes of all ISPs who offer wireless connections with their plans and tariffs,

And for a wired connection is haveing a Landline a must?

The connection must be Unlimited(or atleaset during night-time).

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well, i hv a MTNL (mumbai) Triband BB (BB=broadband) connection (plan: Triband Unlimited 256 Kbps) and the connection is wired with a MTNL Base telephone..and a D-Link Router (model: DSL 502T)

I am paying Rs. 999 p/m for this connection, the d/loads are Unlimited (be it day or night time).. so i use this whole day for my t0r*ent$.. :)
------------

Other ppl will post their plans soon ... as and wen the see this thread.. :)
------------

Btw, the performance of ISPs differ from area-to-area... so ther will be a best ISP varying from area-to-area.. hope u got my point.. :)

i live in Goregaon-East (much nearer to MTNL exchange) so i get gr8 speeds on my connection...
------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Go for BSNL or MTNL. They both are good in their own ways. Check in your locality which one gives better service.

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Thanks for your suggestions,

@ashu888ashu888

You said you get good speeds since you are near the exchange, you're talking about EVDO right?

And I prefer only a wireless connection, how is BSNL EVDO? I live some 1KM from the tower, so will I get good speeds?

Any other wireless service provided by other ISPs.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^ Reliance too has launched its 3.1 mbps EVDO.
See thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110498

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ashu888ashu888

You said you get good speeds since you are near the exchange, you're talking about EVDO right?

And I prefer only a wireless connection, how is BSNL EVDO? I live some 1KM from the tower, so will I get good speeds?

Any other wireless service provided by other ISPs.
naa, not EVDO Rahul.. :)

it's not available everywhere. You have to enquire in BSNL Office. It's like Airtel/Reliance Wireless Connection through CDMA. But speed is 2.4Mbps.

And you can use it anywhere provided there are towers. If EVDO Towers aren't there then you will get lower speeds...

I am on wired 256 Kbps Unltd connection from MTNL , but i dnt knw wat goof up they hv done that i get speeds upto an insanely 192kBps (for games i get a constant 70KBps and for movies, 192KBps).. :D:D

Note: yup, wen i mean 192KBps its really is KiloBYTES (n not kilo bits).. so plz note this.. :D

--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I stay in Santa Cruz-E, MTNL is the best, zero downtime till date (Touch-Wood!). I have 5GB plan @ 2MBPS @ Rs. 799. Speed is awesome and 5 GB free download exceeds my requirement.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yeah.. i knw in sum areas, MTNL is jus blazing fast.. :D i am in goregaon east and i too get gr8 speeds and top notch reliability too.. :D

aura

Sync dreams to reality
Check this out ....... this is latest and the best

RCom Launches 'Fastest' Broadband Service With downlink speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps and uplink speeds of up to 1.8 Mbps

see details from the link below

*www.techtree.com/India/News/RCom_Launches_Fastest_Broadband_Service/551-99991-643.html

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
I got BSNL EVDO and my signal strength is 5 bars, but still I'm getting really bad speeds, checkout this image:-

*img12.imageshack.us/img12/8883/clipboard01f.th.png

I have the 849NU plan of MTNL
1.25 GB cap during day, unlimited at night. (speeds upto 2mbps)
I get roughly about 150/160 KBps, sometimes till 210 KBps if the source is good (Filehippo mirrors or many online seeds while torrenting for example)
And yeah, you need a landline for applying for Triband :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, i had tat plan till feb 09, but then applied for TriB Unltd 256 kbps plan..and since 2nd march 09' im on that plan ever since.. :)

My sole reason was UL d/loads be it day or night.. :D
------------

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
Guys what is the Link speed b/w your ZTE device and the PC (mine is the USB interface ZTE device),

*img17.imageshack.us/img17/8883/clipboard01f.th.png

The link speed is 230Kbps, so how the hell am I to get speeds of atleast 1Mbps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom