Which graphics card to get?

perspex

Broken In
hey all,
So i'm buying a new pc, and saw the pc buying guide and its great, but i noticed that the graphics card with the intel i7 2600K was given as Dual(crossfire whatever you wanna call it) Msi Radeon 6950 twin frozer III power edition. But that is a radeon card. My friends tell me Intel works best with nvidia cards.

Is that true? just wanted to get that cleared out.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Also, just one more question...

I'll be using the pc for gaming, visual effects and little bit of 3d modelling, so should i be getting intel or amd for that, my friends also have been saying that amd is better for vfx and stuff.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel and AMD both cpus works well with both Nvidia and AMD gfx cards ;-)

Whether you want to go with Intel or AMD rig depends on your budget too - currently Intel SB cpus performs best and suites the needs of you but a Intel SB based rig costly too on the other hand AMD has some hexa core cpus which performs good and a rig beased on AMD costs way less though remember that there's AMD BullDozer cpus is coming next month and BullDozer cpus will be compete really well with SB cpus

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
hey all,
My friends tell me Intel works best with nvidia cards.

Is that true? just wanted to get that cleared out.

No, it is not right. Both intel/amd cpus are compatible with ati/nvidia cards. And choosing the card and brand etc will depend on you.

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
No, it is not right. Both intel/amd cpus are compatible with ati/nvidia cards. And choosing the card and brand etc will depend on you.

So taking an intel i7 2600K with a MSI R6950 twin frozr III power edition will work perfectly?

Top Bottom