which graphic card @10k

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
GTX 560 non-Ti = HD 6870 in performance. One leads the other depending on the games you play. Personally, I think the 560 is gaining the upper hand these days in newer games (Skyrim with latest drivers, Battlefield 3, Civilization V, RAGE, Dirt3, F1 2011, etc.). Still, the two cards are very, very close as you can see here:

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

Counting only gaming benchmarks:

"Wins" for HD 6870 - 9
"Wins" for GTX 560 - 13 or 14 (depending on whether Civ V's compute test can actually be called a gaming benchmark)

I think the reasons for this have more to do with the success of the GTX 460 and 560 series combined, leading to many developers having a large common platform to test and optimize for (From Steam survey, GTX 460 + 560 are some of the most popular DX11 cards today). Whereas, AMD had a different architecture from 57xx to 58xx to 68xx.

I also think HD 6950 for it's price is better than any of it's competition for similar reasons. AMD also focuses it's driver testing on the 69xx series while NVIDIA focuses it's driver testing on GTX 460/560 series.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ If you are getting a 560(non-ti) around 10k then grab it. Its a good deal.
But its a power hungry card.

If you want efficiency, then go for a 6870 or wait out for 7850's prices to be stable.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
So what.
R&D dont matters in consumer market.:p
Its the final Product.

What I mean to say is that any improvements on the driver level (performance, image quality or otherwise) will be most prominent on the "focus" platform. That is, if performance boosts in, say, Skyrim, are promised, you will see a better boost on 560 compared to 580, and a better boost on 69xx compared to 68xx (in terms of raw percentage improvement).

That skews the performance figures relative to the competition quite a bit.

OP
Tribalgeek

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
^^ If you are getting a 560(non-ti) around 10k then grab it. Its a good deal.
But its a power hungry card.

If you want efficiency, then go for a 6870 or wait out for 7850's prices to be stable.

I know I have Seasonic 620W:-D

Ok here's the deal Sapphire 6870 costs 11.5k on Prime
where as Zotac 560 costs 10.9k
I heard Galaxy GTX 560 costs only 10k. Should i get that?
but a big question about availability.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
You can find Galaxy cards at Technology and Gadgets:

Technology And Gadgets - Developed by Regale Inc.

You can also search around Lamington Road for Palit and Forsa GTX 560 which should both be within your price point (I think current rate is about 10.2-10.3K for Palit).

OP
Tribalgeek

Tribalgeek

Geralt Of Rivia!
You can find Galaxy cards at Technology and Gadgets:

Technology And Gadgets - Developed by Regale Inc.

You can also search around Lamington Road for Palit and Forsa GTX 560 which should both be within your price point (I think current rate is about 10.2-10.3K for Palit).

I called them today and they are quoting the price 11.4k:shock:
my friend just bought it for 10.5k in banglore.

jasku

In the zone
That games not GPU intensive at all..runs on unreal engine 3 lol.

Recheck Prices buddy.
560ti is 11k + actually close to 13k-14k.

^^2nd hand 560ti for 11k..lol..thats even more ...awkward..better get new one.!

There is difference between 14k and 11k, the OP's budget is 11k and a 560ti / 6950 is way more value for money in that price range.

Its the price range, doesnt mean he has to spend 11k to get a 560ti, instead of jumping to conclusions, please read the posts.

jasku

In the zone
Where are you getting a 560Ti/6950 at 11k?

second hand mate, its available on other forums, the 6950 2GB version was on sale for 10k.

For Sale: CPU | Mobo | Ram Zotac GTX 560 Ti AMP Edition - This looks like a brand new card

For Sale : Graphic Card Sapphire 5870 1gb and Sapphire 6950 2gb

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
got it. actually if one can take the risk of lesser guarantee, these are better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom