which gpu does the game developers use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hi friends.

well i want to know which gpu does the game developers use.
lets take an example
as they say that there is no gpu yet that could play crysis properly at the highest settings.

even tests showed that gtx280 gives only about 28+ fps at those settings.

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-gtx-280,1953-18.html

so my question is which gpu did the developers of crysis used to make that game.

if anyone has the answer please do reply.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hi friends.

well i want to know which gpu does the game developers use.
lets take an example
as they say that there is no gpu yet that could play crysis properly at the highest settings.

even tests showed that gtx280 gives only about 28+ fps at those settings.

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-gtx-280,1953-18.html

so my question is which gpu did the developers of crysis used to make that game.

if anyone has the answer please do reply.

There's something called SLI and CrossfireX. Couple four GTX280's in a quad-SLI and see how crysis flames off :)

This might help you understand game development: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development

Nvidia Quadro is one series that game developers might use.

Last edited:
OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
There's something called SLI and CrossfireX. Couple four GTX280's in a quad-SLI and see how crysis flames off :)

This might help you understand game development: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development

Nvidia Quadro is one series that game developers might use.

thanks for the reply.
no offence but you are giving the example that 'a single stick can be easily broken but a bunch cant be'.where as i meant only single gpu.

btw i have heard about quadro cards.there's one i have read leadtek quadro fx 128mb.and it costs around 10k+. so i want to know how much power does that 128 mb card have.

anyone here own such a card.:)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Quadro/FireGL cards are for professionals/workstation and not for gamers. These cards help you with 3d modelling/rendering and everything related to the eye candy you see while gaming. It's just for the development stage. Then they have to code/program the games to optimize it for gaming hardware.

For testing the games, they use the most powerful setup possible but do keep it mind that they have to satisfy a large range of configuration. From amd to intel........n from nvidia to ati.

So the game it tested from the low-end to high-end cards. For hardware that are released after the games launch, they publish patches to take advantage of the newer hardware.

Basically you just can't compare a quadro 512mb to Geforce 512mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom