which GPRS handset for internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paid

Journeyman
I wish to purchase a GPRS handset under 5000/- preferably for Internet on PC using Hutchworld 99/- plan. Please advice which handset I must buy for faster net access?

aadipa

Padawan
paid said:
I wish to purchase a GPRS handset under 5000/- preferably for Internet on PC using Hutchworld 99/- plan. Please advice which handset I must buy for faster net access?

In Mumbai, the same plan don't allow to use the phone as model, though you can surf the net on phone.

For surfing net from pc using phone as model through GPRS, you will need 199/- or 499/- plan, which are NOT unlimited downloads.

Check before getting the plan

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Those 99rs, plan are the ones which are used in your Cell phones to browse WAP sites.. We cant browse with your PC.

We have 199rs per month and rs. 1.2 per mb transferred.

And regarding Handsets.., get Nokia 6610 for 5,800-6,200 rs. It's a good hanset for this price range :D

OP
P

paid

Journeyman
drgrudge
Those 99rs, plan are the ones which are used in your Cell phones to browse WAP sites.. We cant browse with your PC.
I have read in one forum that Hutch allows Internet browsing using some proxy settings in this plan. Is it true?

cyberia.in
i'd suggest EDGE if you want decent speeds, get a 3220(cheapest)
Edge will certainly provide good browsing speed but I have tight budget and 3220 street price is around 7400/- and DKU-5 at 300/- It will be expensive for me.

expertno.1
I feel LG G3100 @ Rs. 4700 will be better as it supports GPRS class 10. I have a query whether the phone can be charged simultaneously while browsing the net on PC so that the battery do no get drain off.

Any Nokia Phone in this price range and performance as it is better in signal and battery?

cyberia.in

In the zone
Airtel has given more consistent spped in my experience, well, i'd suggest you scuor the mart for the cheapest gprs class 10 phone you can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom