AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Which game pad .. should I buy?

*www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2225,CONTENTID=8674

*www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx

What are the prices?

I didnt find the the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
.. Is it available?
&
What do you suggest, may be other than two mentioned above?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Even My friend happens to own a Logitech Gaming Pad.It somewhat resembles a PS2 style Controller.Though I doubt it has the Forcefeedback option.That you will achieve in a Logitech Rumble Pad.Its probably pretty good for most of the POP style gaming and some Arcade Fight em ups.The pricing I believe lies in the 2-3k range at the Max.Whereas for the X360 controller for Windows I doubt its availibilty out here.I have seen an extra controller for Xbox 360 at Alfa in Mumbai but I am not very sure if it supports Windows or not :(

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Thanx guys .. since microsoft is not available .. I think Logitech is the good option.

The two options I have .. are:

Logitech® Dual Action™ Gamepad
*img444.imageshack.us/img444/7316/dualaction8cn.th.jpg

Logitech® Rumblepad™ 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad
*img444.imageshack.us/img444/1817/rumble27lf.th.jpg

Both looks same .. with Rumble2 having two small vibrators to give feedback feel,

there is one with wireless features .. but I dont think i gonna buy it, dont want another gadget with another set of rechargable cells. I am already using Microsoft combo keyboard n mice.

@allwyndlima

.. my frd geek said .. buy one with vibration feedback,
whereas I feel non-vibration is good enough.
I am confused on that count.
Does feedback option give u a real boost while playing games .. is it really good.
worth spending extra bucks :?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not really mate.If you personally ask me then I think you could easily do away with that function.I think its upto personal choice to be comfortable playing with or without the Vibration function.Out of the above shown Models I think you better buy the Logitech Dual Action Controller.Quite comfortable and very easy to use.:D

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
UPDATE:

Checked out the Nehru Place, not available :(
.. even Rashi the distributer doesnt have the above two models :evil:

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Personally, i would recommend going for a good laser mouse rather than a gamepad, unless u r a lot into sports gaming. Sidewinder Pro is probably the best and should be easily available, costs arnd 2.5k. I saw it in a Crossword store, so it shud be cheaper with a hardware vendor.
No idea abt logitech pads.

q3_abhi

Youngling
If you want the entry level gamepads then go for Frontech game pad. This is the only product from frontech which is sturdy,reliable n cheap.

It costs around 500-600.

This is the gud one with rumble effects.

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Oh man abhi .. I told you before also the frontech one sux, how the hell are you suggesting that again. You cant compare that with logitech :shock:

I am just waiting for Rumble2 to be available in the mkt; :x will contact the distributer again
-
rollcage

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi guys.
I recently got a lot of NES roms (video game or "samurai" game) from my friend.
The problem is I am having problem using keyboard as the controller.
I want a gamepad that I can use to play NES, Gameboy, Sega, etc ROMS as well as latest or a bit old PC games.
I don't care whether it's got force feedback or the advanced stuff.
I just want a simple gamepad with all the required keys needed to play both ROM as well as PC games.
Kindly tell me the models that are available in Nehru Place, preferably with their prices.
Thanks.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
g_goyal2000 said:
Hi guys.
I recently got a lot of NES roms (video game or "samurai" game) from my friend.
The problem is I am having problem using keyboard as the controller.
I want a gamepad that I can use to play NES, Gameboy, Sega, etc ROMS as well as latest or a bit old PC games.
I don't care whether it's got force feedback or the advanced stuff.
I just want a simple gamepad with all the required keys needed to play both ROM as well as PC games.
Kindly tell me the models that are available in Nehru Place, preferably with their prices.
Thanks.
I also want this Gamepad and a dule action GP
BTY prices???:confused: :confused:

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@TechGuru#1, whats this "Turbo" button.
i also have a gamepad (chinese-Homas), which has three extra buttons- Turbo, Slow, Clear.

I wanted to know, whether these Buttons are useful in Fighting games-Mortal Kombat, FPS...

I've used all these in only Racing games & GTA SA.
In my opinion, these buttons dont have any use (with Racing games & GTA), when i used the TURBO button in F1 & Colin McRae 05, my car became very slow.
All that the Turbo button & Slow button does is "Turn ON & OFF" the particular key (set thru game) very RAPIDLY.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have played with a Frontech gamepad ... it costed around 450 .... and I have it for over an year now and it still works fine with all the rumbling and all ...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
basically the gamepad's life depends on - the way you use it.
e.g. take the two joysticks, they are very prone to getting loose/break.

so you've to handle the joysticks with care. if you put too much input :D (i.e. force), the joystick's gonna giveaway.

Cub3noid

Broken In
Xbox 360 Game pad for PC its awesome ,very easy and it supports almost all the new games.

But its bit expensive though abt 2500 when I bought back in March.

akkies_2000

Journeyman
I'm planning to buy Logitech Cordless Rumblepad2. I'm currently using wireless keyboard-mouse also, supplied with my HP Pavilion.

Could anyone confirm if all these don't interfere with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom