which external HD to buy ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
hi guys my budget is rs.40000 to the max . I wanted to know if this is any different from 3.5" in performance and longevity. I wanted to know if the 2.5" can be left running for as long as the 3.5" because the enclosures for the 2.5" are much smaller with no fan and most of the time they don't even have a power outlet. They come with a USB power outlet that connects to your computer and draw power from that. It recharges as well. But the battery life is very low. This was my main concern actually. I know I have left the 3.5" hard drives running for a long time. But, with the 2.5" enclosures, can I plug the power source to the USB of the computer and leave it running for a long time? Can it last, without overheating, as long as a 3.5" hard drive and can it be left running as long and be trusted not to delete data when drawing power from the computer like the 3.5" can be left running plugged into an outlet powersource? Thanks for your help in advance. I greatly appreciate it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
40000 for external HDD..! you are a oil rich arab..

BTW, it's not HD it's HDD..

Please specify the budget correctly. I'm sure you are not on the budget you've specified...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Go for WD 640GB External HDD. It's a 0.1 or 0.2k higher than your budget. or you may get it below your budget amount from local dealers. Go for it best in it's range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom