Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alcatel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienTech

In the zone
Manufacturers say lots of things, the only good thing about it is, If something goes wrong you can take it back and get another one. It does not mean what they say is right. Because if you followed manufacturers sayings, most of this forum would be empty since it seems to always be about over clocking something. Manufacturers have now gone far enough to put in hardware blocks to prevent so many people from doing things they do not like. In fact AMD has now gone from just using resistors to set clock multipliers to now using a heat shield that can not be removed to prevent people from unsoldering the resistors to set their own speed locks.

2 of the cheap media I found here was the Edge tech 8X media code FUJIFILM03 and the NexGen 8X media code MCC 02RG20. I am not sure if these are manufactured by Moser Baer or not. They could be Moser OEM's.

*gfx.cdfreaks.com/reviews/lg_gsa-4163b/lg132.png

If I can get PIF values of 23.. Errr even under 5000 or so then well hell I will spend 10 minutes on a disk instead of the 8 minutes @ 8X. Over speeding gets you done in 6 minutes but I am sure the PIF numbers will shoot sky high errr at least in the 500 range... The lite on was giving me in the 1000's range even burning this @ 2X.

*gfx.cdfreaks.com/reviews/lg_gsa-4163b/lg135.png

Write Time: 5m:20s using MCC 03RG20 but not sure where to find those disks yet... maybe in another few months they will replace the 02RG20's. PIF's less than 100 is extremely good. Unbelivable in fact. Even with RW media I have not seen such low numbers.

AlienTech

In the zone
sunmysore said:
1640 rules...since the BSKB firmware, the ability to write any DVD at 16X rules!!!!!!

DW1640 - BSKB Horrible Quality for RW-Media

Well just dont use RW media with it just yet. Considering 4X/8X RW media costs 200 on up.... Older firmware seems to work okay. I use RW media to backup the system since it is done so often.

*club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=146608

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom