which dslr to choose ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
No none of them is urgently required

>filters ...various type of color filter, clear filter, Natural density filter used to put on the lens...u can get a ND filter to protect the lens galss.
>lens cleaning kit ...Dont know...never heard anybody using it
>uv filter...for taking pics in sunlight...UV effect sensor and your pics soo this filter try to cut that UV
>flower lens hood...again used for taking pic in direct sunlight
>Mini Tripod...u can get full tripod..y mini tripod...they are great for night pics , zoom lenses, and macro shots

Sounava

In the zone
>filters ...various type of color filter, clear filter, Natural density filter used to put on the lens...u can get a ND filter to protect the lens galss.
>uv filter...for taking pics in sunlight...UV effect sensor and your pics soo this filter try to cut that UV
>flower lens hood...again used for taking pic in direct sunlight
1. ND filter cuts down the light by a few stops (depending on the type of ND filter). So it is not at all recommended for use as "protecting the glass". It is used in scenarios where you need slow shutter speed where otherwise such a slow speed would have led to overexposed shot.

2. UV Filter - All cameras now have inbuilt UV filters and sensors are not that much affected by UV as films got affected. Sensors are infact sensitive to infrared. So cameras have IR filter also. So UV filters when used on digital cameras act as clear glass filter. This filter can be on the lens all the time to protect the lens.

3. Lens hoods differ from lens to lens. Each lens has a specific lens hood.
Nikon releases specific hood models for each lens. So the hoods meant for one lens will be useless (read: ineffective) for another lens.

For example for the 18-55VR lens, the model number of the lens hood is HB45.
See "Accessories" here - Link

Factors like whether the front element rotates during focussing, the curvature of the front element, the actual diameter of the exposed portion of the "glass" of the front element, the amount of bezel beside the glass, how protruded the glass is with respect to the rim etc come into picture while determining the design of the hood.

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm and the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm, are they gonna work with the 3100, the AF

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
i am more interested in landscape photography so would like to keep a good starter zoom lens with me. suggestions pls. :)
how about these two?

> AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300MM (around rs 18000)
>AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105 (around rs 14000)
> AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 55-200 (around rs 12000)

any other?

Last edited:

Sounava

In the zone
I would suggest take the 18-105 and sell off the 18-55. For landscape you don't need much high zoom anyway. 18-105 is an excellent lens. Plus the focal range will ensure you will not have to change lenses. Using 18-55 + 55-200 combo will require changing lenses just at the bang middle focal length of 55mm.

Get the 18-105 now. Save and splurge on the Nikkor 70-300 VR (around 24k) later.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup I too would recommend you Nikkor 18-105 for landscaping for now...

later u can get any other lens according to your need

Sounava

In the zone
later u can get any other lens according to your need
Yup exactly. If you need more zoom get the 70-300 VR I mentioned. Or if your need arises you can go for the Sigma Wide Angles (although a bit costly) Wide Angle Zoom Lenses - SigmaPhoto.com

djkmann

Right off the assembly line
as a starter, please suggest which is a better choice and why > D3100 or D5000

Which camera is "better" depends on your needs, photography goals, and how you plan to use the camera. If you plan to leave it on Auto and don't wish to spend a lot of money for a dSLR, then the D3100 is a better camera for you. If you plan to use it for a long time, learn advanced dSLR photography techniques and camera functions, and know that when you pay more for a dSLR or lens, you get a higher quality item with more functions, then the D5100 is the better camera for you.

I wrote a detailed blog post discussing the D5100 versus the D3100 (and D7000, D90) that you can read on my blog. It discusses their differences and features, plus why you may or may not need them for your photography.

Here is the link to the D3100 vs D5100 post:
Picturing Change · Compare Nikon D5100 vs D7000 vs D90 vs D3100

Top Bottom