which course should i opt for if i am interested in computers and cell phones

OP
Y

YogeshCopper

Broken In
But again there not much jobs in india to actually design cell phones right
And another thing is I wont be in a good college so definitely I wont get that designing job
unless I start my own Mango company but modern phones are far more difficult to design than first apple products right......

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Startups have done it before. You need a team for that.

Study what you think you will enjoy studying. Dont worry so much about jobs. Do well in college and apply to a cellphone maker and you will be fine.

OP
Y

YogeshCopper

Broken In
I am more comfortable with CSE.I guess CSE has lots of online material too which could possibly supplement any lack of teaching..
I am gonna sleep on that thought tonight:)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
YogeshCopper said:
I went through syllabus of ECE and CSE and I am more inclined to CSE.Besides after finishing ECE if I didnt get to design cellphone that would suck.
whats your opinion on decline in computer sales?
is it possible to do Bachelors in CSE so that I get a taste of hardware and software and then choose to do masters in ECE or some sotware course??

The decline on computer sales won't affect CSE grads. The handheld, mobile platforms themselves require good programming and design engineers, so those jobs aren't really going anywhere, just changing a little.

Bachelors in CSE and Master's in ECE - possible in a few universities in India and many universities abroad, but you'll need to work harder going from CSE to ECE than the other way around in my opinion.

YogeshCopper said:
I went through syllabus of ECE and CSE and I am more inclined to CSE.Besides after finishing ECE if I didnt get to design cellphone that would suck.
whats your opinion on decline in computer sales?
is it possible to do Bachelors in CSE so that I get a taste of hardware and software and then choose to do masters in ECE or some sotware course??

The decline on computer sales won't affect CSE grads. The handheld, mobile platforms themselves require good programming and design engineers, so those jobs aren't really going anywhere, just changing a little.

Bachelors in CSE and Master's in ECE - possible in a few universities in India and many universities abroad, but you'll need to work harder going from CSE to ECE than the other way around in my opinion.

OP
Y

YogeshCopper

Broken In
went to college came out suicidal all hopes lost most probably gonna skip college and become useless fellow

Life sucks when you dont have money

I like programming, software design for both PCs and embedded systems like phones etc. I like to know working of software, game, game engines,cryptography,compilers, operating systems,parallel computing, logical circuit design(AND,OR,NOT gate) etc. I have little liking to circuits, microprocessor etc. I opted for CSE B.Tech(1st year) branch. Had I taken correct decision.
Does these things are also taught in other branch indepth.

I like programming, software design for both PCs and embedded systems like phones etc. I like to know working of software, game, game engines,cryptography,compilers, operating systems,parallel computing, logical circuit design(AND,OR,NOT gate) etc. I have little liking to circuits, microprocessor etc. I opted for CSE B.Tech(1st year) branch. Had I taken correct decision.
Does these things are also taught in other branch indepth.

the things you have mentioned are the examples of where will the stuff you'll be learning be implemented. You are tough formulas in B.Tech, not how to use those formulas in solving real-life situations.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
the things you have mentioned are the examples of where will the stuff you'll be learning be implemented. You are tough formulas in B.Tech, not how to use those formulas in solving real-life situations.
^ In industry we call this "you know many techniques but do not have experience" in times of interview . This is the improtance of experience.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
So, whether doing M.Tech helps in anyway...

It depends. For the software industry, in most cases M.Tech doesn't really help. The Master's degrees in science and engineering are meant for interdisciplinary work and research purpose in specialized areas; not to gain experience in industry-oriented applications. Many people simply don't get what an M.Sc/M.Tech/M.E is about and gain admission and then are very confused once they actually enter the course. Passing the entrance exam doesn't make you suitable; this is a fallacy of the admission system of India......I would advise you to think carefully before going for M.Tech/M.E.

@YogeshCopper: Don't lose hope; try for a B.Sc in Computer Science, IT or Electronics if the B.Tech is too costly for you. You can still do well with such qualification.

Top Bottom