Which cloud storage service do digit members uses (if any)?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Obviously the default choice would be onedrive,in fact it is already integrated within win 10. If you are not satisfied with it then you can try other clients too.

Have you tried Air Explorer? It is a great cloud file manager easy to use and you can integrate all cloud manager at same place and transfer file easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its basic free plan has limitation of only 1 account per cloud storage,a better option for free would be RaiDrive, The Best Way to the remote storage

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Recent discovery : It is possible to use S3 compatible storage and just mount it as a local filesystem on Linux using s3backer.

Here's an article I wrote about this : Filesystem over S3 : s3backer

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Recent discovery : It is possible to use S3 compatible storage and just mount it as a local filesystem on Linux using s3backer.

Here's an article I wrote about this : Filesystem over S3 : s3backer
Good article.
How exactly are you going to use this file system now? Archiving old data?

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Good article.
How exactly are you going to use this file system now? Archiving old data?

Right now, I have created a 200GB filesystem using that, and symlinked my nextcloud's data directory into the s3 backed ext4. If the 30 day trial goes by without hiccups, will migrate to the entire 1 TB.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You didn't talk about costs. How much it costs you to host 1 TB of data on Amazon.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's the time of the year again. I need to get the 6 TB Microsoft Office plan again. Current one expires on 31st October.
There is no Amazon deal as of now on the product: *www.amazon.in/Microsoft-Office-365-people-Windows/dp/B00UP4GPQO
Price as of now is still, Rs 4880.
A reminder that I was able to get this plan at Rs 3419, last year after deal and card discount!

It's the time of the year again. I need to get the 6 TB Microsoft Office plan again. Current one expires on 31st October.
There is no Amazon deal as of now on the product: Microsoft Office 365 Home for 6 users (Windows/Mac Laptop + tablet) for 12 month/1 Year - (Activation Key Card): Amazon.in: Software
Price as of now is still, Rs 4880.
A reminder that I was able to get this plan at Rs 3419, last year after deal and card discount!
Microsoft Office 365 Home 6 user 1 year 2019 Price in India - Buy Microsoft Office 365 Home 6 user 1 year 2019 online at Flipkart.com

Cheaper in FK & sales are coming

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh, thanks man. Although I could trust more from the seller from where I already bought one time and the key worked.
But lets see what this sale brings up.

I found that the dates for sales this time are following:
Flipkart: 16th - 21st Oct 2020.
Amazon: Starting 17th Oct 2020.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am also in same situation but I think amazon MS office 365 price should be cheaper than flipkart price during sale. In any case I have both sbi credit card & hdfc debit card so will see which one comes out in the end to be cheaper(10% instant discount is common as well as 5% affiliate discount using sbi yono & hdfc smartbuy for shopping on amazon so that leaves 1.25% of simplyclick credit card transaction on flipkart+1% on simplyclick card bill payment using my hdfc platinum debit card as extra on flipkart side).

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I got two listing on Amazon for Microsoft 365 (1 TB per 6 user edition), one that sends scratch card and other that provides code online.

1. Microsoft 365 Family | Email delivery in 1 hour| 12-Month Subscription, 6 people | Premium Office apps | 1TB OneDrive cloud storage (Rs 4999)
2. Microsoft Office 365 Home for 6 users (Windows/Mac Laptop + tablet) for 12 month/1 Year - (Activation Key Card): Amazon.in: Software (Rs. 4659)

It was the 2nd one which I bought last year, although I would prefer the 1st, since it sends the code digitally.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got two listing on Amazon for Microsoft 365 (1 TB per 6 user edition), one that sends scratch card and other that provides code online.

1. Microsoft 365 Family | Email delivery in 1 hour| 12-Month Subscription, 6 people | Premium Office apps | 1TB OneDrive cloud storage (Rs 4999)
2. Microsoft Office 365 Home for 6 users (Windows/Mac Laptop + tablet) for 12 month/1 Year - (Activation Key Card): Amazon.in: Software (Rs. 4659)

It was the 2nd one which I bought last year, although I would prefer the 1st, since it sends the code digitally.
Always prefer the key card version because you have a hard copy proof of purchase(box & all) which you can show to any MS customer support executive over chat in case of any issues & I think hard copy version gets more priority/attention from customer support compared to digital ones.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Reading the comments on reddit, two things are apparent:
1. Existing users can continue the old plans, so are not worried
2. Rest of the users are simply not worried, since they are "data hoarders" or are happy since they can now "manage their hoarding" addiction.

Either way, doesn't really impact those who want to stay the heck away from Google's cloud, in fact, they would be laughing af.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Still, a downgrade from unlimited to 2TB is substantial I'd say. I guess people really are absolutely utilizing their storage space for these unlimited plans that has made Google update their plans.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still, a downgrade from unlimited to 2TB is substantial I'd say. I guess people really are absolutely utilizing their storage space for these unlimited plans that has made Google update their plans.

That is an understatement, many people are storing 200TB+ there.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That is an understatement, many people are storing 200TB+ there.

Well that's what happens when Google announces "unlimited storage" in pixel 2 launch event to mock Apple.
Source: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeP0l9leco8

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that's what happens when Google announces "unlimited storage" in pixel 2 launch event to mock Apple.
Source: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeP0l9leco8
Well that petabyte dude became the poster boy for Amazon cancelling its unlimited storage plans so lets see if someone similar comes up for google changing its unlimited plan policies. :grin:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
These truly unlimited ones were just gimmicks to a certain point, till they saw people actually just uploading random data just for the memes to their server. Imagine everyone on their data center using 1TB, they'll need to double down on new data centers.
Well that petabyte dude became the poster boy for Amazon cancelling its unlimited storage plans so lets see if someone similar comes up for google changing its unlimited plan policies. :grin:
Petabyte really is an unprecedented amount of data. I've probably not used that much bandwidth from all my internet activities throughout my life.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
These truly unlimited ones were just gimmicks to a certain point, till they saw people actually just uploading random data just for the memes to their server. Imagine everyone on their data center using 1TB, they'll need to double down on new data centers. Petabyte really is an unprecedented amount of data. I've probably not used that much bandwidth from all my internet activities throughout my life.

Definitely not the data but as far as bandwidth is concerned I have used 100TB upload on my seedbox in a month or two. :grin:

Top Bottom