Which cloud storage service do digit members uses (if any)?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Vyom One Drive seems to perform much slower than Gdrive in terms of performance(especially downloading).

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Congrats vyom for the purchase how are you planning to use one drive storage storing photos?have you got your keys yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vyom One Drive seems to perform much slower than Gdrive in terms of performance(especially downloading).
I have yet to test speeds yet. But it could be your ISP or some temporary delays from the server?
Congrats vyom for the purchase how are you planning to use one drive storage storing photos?have you got your keys yet?
Yes, got the key and activated. I plan to use it to make it a second backup of all my media files. Also to sync my phone and my dad's phone to automatically sync data to cloud.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I have yet to test speeds yet. But it could be your ISP or some temporary delays from the server?

Yes, got the key and activated. I plan to use it to make it a second backup of all my media files. Also to sync my phone and my dad's phone to automatically sync data to cloud.
True could be a temporary thing. I was using Brower instead of the client for uploading too, for which it might have been slower.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Btw i dont see 6tb cloud storage offer on the box,where is it written?Also can you guide the full procedure activate cloud storage?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
True could be a temporary thing. I was using Brower instead of the client for uploading too, for which it might have been slower.

For me i used air explorer to transfer files from cloud to pc it gave me decent speed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Btw i dont see 6tb cloud storage offer on the box,where is it written?Also can you guide the full procedure activate cloud storage?

That is old box pic,latest ones have 6 users mentioned. First of all,make a microsoft live account with @outlook handle. This will be your primary account to which you will add the office 365 6 users subscription.From there you can invite 5 other outlook email IDs/persons. For simplicity,just open a chat with microsoft customer care & give them remote control of your pc for a few minutes(it's totally safe,you can see what they are doing on screen & the session is conducted via enterprise version of logmein which you download from a microsoft site link provided in chat window with an otp code). Just close all windows/browsers with sensitive info & only leave the Internet Explorer window with your outlook account logged in open.

Each user gets 1 tb of onedrive account associated with their outlook email id.All users data is separate from each other but the primary account can enable/disable the access of other 5 users(but he still cannot access other 5 peoples' data).

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ae sab to thik hai (all this is good) but, can the primary user use whole 6TB for himself/herself? (6TB tagged to one single id)

Even @Vyom isn't replying on this!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ae sab to thik hai (all this is good) but, can the primary user use whole 6TB for himself/herself? (6TB tagged to one single id)

Even @Vyom isn't replying on this!
Not directly but in an indirect way as mentioned by @Vyom in post on previous page by creating a shared folder from each of the 5 accounts & then adding them to the 6th/primary account.In this way you will have 5 extra folders within primary account with each folder capable of utilizing 1TB of onedrive space.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Not directly but in an indirect way as mentioned by @Vyom in post on previous page by creating a shared folder from each of the 5 accounts & then adding them to the 6th/primary account.In this way you will have 5 extra folders within primary account with each folder capable of utilizing 1TB of onedrive space.

But Can we add files from 6th account to shared folders?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But Can we add files from 6th account to shared folders?

You mean sharing files? Sharing files is simple assuming it is like google drive,just add the outlook id of other 5 accounts & send them the link & they will be able to access the link/file after logging in through their outlook id.

If you are talking about sharing folders then it is the same process.Any folder you share & give edit permission can utilize all the space available in that onedrive account & whichever account you give permission to edit that folder can thus utilize the space associated with the onedrive account that shared the folder.

P.S. Now I get it.You can add any files within those shared folders from your/6th account as long as those 5 folders don't cross the 1TB size limit.Once you have filled all 5 shared folders(5tb total with 1tb in each folder) then you can only add files/data in your own/6th account 1tb space.of course any data you add outside of those 5 shared folders will also be using your 1tb space.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
No what i meant was to be able to upload files to 5 shared folders(which is shared to 6th account) from 6th account Then only we can say that we can control everything from 6th account.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
P.S. Now I get it.You can add any files within those shared folders from your/6th account as long as those 5 folders don't cross the 1TB size limit.Once you have filled all 5 shared folders(5tb total with 1tb in each folder) then you can only add files/data in your own/6th account 1tb space.of course any data you add outside of those 5 shared folders will also be using your 1tb space.

Thats really great we can only use 1 account and not need to login to everytime to other accounts.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thats really great we can only use 1 account and not need to login to everytime to other accounts.

Exactly. Great explanation by Whitestar. I thought it was common knowledge. But I myself am not able to test it since for that I need to:
1. Create multiple Microsoft accout
2. Make shared folder
3. Upload files to shared folder

I am stuck in taking out time to do, well, first step.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Exactly. Great explanation by Whitestar. I thought it was common knowledge. But I myself am not able to test it since for that I need to:
1. Create multiple Microsoft accout
2. Make shared folder
3. Upload files to shared folder

I am stuck in taking out time to do, well, first step.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Saw your other post.Are you using linux? Please check for windows as mostly are windows user here

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saw your other post.Are you using linux? Please check for windows as mostly are windows user here

That has nothing to do with this discussion.Only difference with Linux is that one will have to use a client other than onedrive(in this case,rclone) if one does not want to use the browser for uploading/downloading from onedrive.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
That has nothing to do with this discussion.Only difference with Linux is that one will have to use a client other than onedrive(in this case,rclone) if one does not want to use the browser for uploading/downloading from onedrive.

What about windows which client should be used?

Top Bottom