Which classic/retro game would you like to see rebooted/remade/HD-fied?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I would really like to see the following games remade/rebooted :

1. Recoil :

*pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1123517690-00.jpg

*www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/90023-recoil-windows-screenshot-create-shell-craters-in-the-landscapes.jpg

An action game where you control an advanced futuristic tank and lay waste to numerous types of enemy and complete objectives across various landscapes. The tank can morph from a tracked vehicle to an amphibian, hovercraft or a submarine over various campaigns. I used to love playing this game as a kid and would really like to see this remade in some form.

More info : Recoil for Windows (1999) - MobyGames

2. Battlezone/Battlezone 2 :

*www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/164483-battlezone-ii-combat-commander-windows-screenshot-beginning.jpg

*www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/164489-battlezone-ii-combat-commander-windows-screenshot-spying-near.jpg

This is one comes under the rare genre of first person strategy. You can not only order and assign tasks to units but you could also take control of vehicles and personally lead your forces to defeat the enemy. By take control, I don't mean point and click, but you can control your vehicles and tanks in first person.

More info : Battlezone II: Combat Commander for Windows (1999) - MobyGames

3. Blood :

*pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/968307332-00.jpg

*www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/79602-blood-dos-screenshot-cerberus-and-tchernobog-duke-it-out-s.png

Here you fill in the shoes of Caleb, an undead gunslinger, as you exact vengeance on the god Tchernobog and his minions for betraying you. Horror elements, supernatural enemies and extreme amounts of gore make this one hell of an experience. What is even more awesome are innovative weapons such as the aerosol can, voodoo doll, flare gun and the tesla cannon.

More Info : Blood for DOS (1997) - MobyGames

digit1191

In the zone
'Outlaws' by LucasArts. My fav game when I was a kid.

Also, Dave :p It can be made into a Spelunky type of game.

Commandoes and RTS like Age of Empires, warcraft, Empire earth.... I really miss RTS games these days... No good options except Starcraft and CoH 2.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Commandoes and RTS like Age of Empires, warcraft, Empire earth.... I really miss RTS games these days... No good options except Starcraft and CoH 2.

Dude, AOE has been released as HD already. If you like CoH, you should try the Dawn Of War series.

Dude, AOE has been released as HD already. If you like CoH, you should try the Dawn Of War series.

Hd remake is not as good, think about a AoE game with the graphics of Starcraft 2 or COH 2. Playing as different mideval civilizations and through a span of 3-4k years has its own kick...
Btw completed Dawn of war series and many of the big RTS released till date and even some ok ones like armies of exigo, Majesty, Universe at war,Crusader etc... Still hungry for more..

flyingcow

Shibe
Prince of persia- shadow and flames

*image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/prince2-12.gif

*image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/prince2-4.gif

Anyone played it??
the new prince of persia games suck...

and also double dragon and NES TMNT

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes, I have played most of the common retro DOS games, including all of the Prince Of Persia series (except forgotten sands). The Shadow And The Flame was too damn hard, took me many sittings to complete it.

sandeep410

Journeyman
Recoil was such a great game i loved unleashing nuke missile on enemies. I am suprised that there was no sequel to the game. Guess game didnt do that well.

I would like streets of rage to be remade.

Top Bottom