which Cabinet to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysmith45

Broken In
Which is the best cabinet for under 1K. It should have good ventilation and front panel should have 2 USB 2.0 ports, headphone and microphone jacks.

sunmysore

Journeyman
royal said:
hey sunmysore ...

how about a tutorial buddy ??? :p

the least u could do is to inform us how did u get hold of that side panel and the tools needed ( with costs...offcourse ) :wink:

well...tht modding took me more than 5 months :|

writing a tut...even i have forgotten what all i did to it...lol

got the sidepanel with the cabby :p it already came with a sidepanel, but the quality of acrylic was horseshit...it wud get scratched even if you touch it..one reason why i dont recommend readymade transparent sidepaenls...

tools...hacksaw for cutting, thats all :p

@jay4u : no one reviews budget cabbys...all of them are one and the same :p

anyways, whats up with the G series anyway?? door?? or that filty plastic :p plastic isnt durable, gets scratches the instant u touch it...looks nice when bought, but in a onth you'll regret why you bought it...

If you really want a nice cabby, get the VIP ZB01. Its one of the best you can buy, and will beat antec and all others in VFM and performance

Kniwor

Learner
Ok, here is something for people like me....who dont like to spend on case very much...

Now i got an intex pulsar case, alongwith 450W colorsit power supply...

the PSU cost me Rs. 1500/-

Psu has 2 fans, one at the back one in the bottom, and rear is perforated.... very nice SMPS

and the case cost Rs. 600/-

But i liked this case very much, it has very very good design, 2 fans in the front, 2 fans in the rear, and the side is perforated from left corner, + a chimeny in centre of side panel. 2 front USB and front audio out and microphone in.

the case has not very good build quality, but i dont wanna jump on the case either, it has good arrangment for airflow.

so the case with PSU cost me around 2100+vat
and it is a really nice combination to buy i muxt say

This is all that i got today

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36674

All those rich guys out there dont start shouting at me telling me that this case has poor build quality and all the nonsense in this world, this is for people like me who like to spend less on the case, and more elsewhere......

Kniwor

Learner
sagar_coolx said:
can u post sum scrnshots?
and wat xactly do u mean by poorquallity

Poor quality, like the i-box or i-ball cabinets...

if a fat guy sits on the cabinet when side panels are open, it might bend...
that is what i mean...

dont have my cam right now... here is a poor pic..

*www.intextechnologies.com/india/images/pulsar.jpg

Lukka

Right off the assembly line
i need some help here...i know nothing about cabinets...so can someone plz explain in short what all features to look for in a cabinet?i need a simple looking cabinet for under 2.5-3k...also need atleast 2 usb ports in front.
i'm planning to buy ASUS A8N-VM mobo with AMD64 3200+

Zaysen

Broken In
Please Go For Navtech Temperature Series Cabinets Especially one Model No:HTNT CB 2688A
This has front LCD Display of Inside Temperature and Twin Side Case Cooling Fans and Provisions to fit one front lower and back rear fans of 80mm type.It Costs Rs 1450-1550/- with 450 Watts Power Supply at Nehru Place in New Delhi. It Costed Rs 1550/- on 02/02/2006 when i assembled a new p4 computer for someone.

Thanks

royal

Padawan
yeah I agree with Zaysen ... :D

I have been using a Navtech for the past 6 months :p

its a very good choice ... however u can go for a better PSU 8)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i could find the NavTech 2688B for you here,

*www.lotus4services.com/index.php?productID=423

looks pretty decent.

Kniwor

Learner
Lukka said:
i need some help here...i know nothing about cabinets...so can someone plz explain in short what all features to look for in a cabinet?i need a simple looking cabinet for under 2.5-3k...also need atleast 2 usb ports in front.
i'm planning to buy ASUS A8N-VM mobo with AMD64 3200+

is that including the PSU or excluding...???

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
hey What brand or cabinet should i go for if My only criterion is to make a very quiet pc?

Incinerator

Broken In
I recently purchased a Zebronics Antibiotic cabby. It cost me Rs.1950 without the psu (I already have an Antec). After purchasing it, while returning back home I additionally bought a cheap chinese ccfl (purple) for 80 bucks and pasted it with double-sided-adhesive-tape. Now the cabby looks kinda nice and didn't cost a bomb as well.

mine is the black one :)

*img54.imageshack.us/img54/9311/antibiotic4hv.jpg

ANTIBIOTIC
WITH FRONT USB and AUDIO & 3 FANS
* DISPLAYS TEMPERATURE,
* GIVES ALARM,
* TRANSPARENT WINDOW,
* 3 LED COLOURFUL FANS and
* 2 CD BUTTONS

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To Incinerator:

Mmm... Zebronics cases look cool! are they widely available?? What other cheaper yet big and cool looking cases do you know from Zebronics?? Please inform me soon .Also are the cases available without PSUs because i will purchase one separately. Your case looks cool!!;-) But is its build quality good enough?? By the way my budget is 1000 max!

-Kaustav

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought VIP G-300 for 2600bucks with original Smps of 300W
Just bargain a bit.
Lamington road
1st shop i visited said 3500
second same
third 3200
fourth 3000
then started bargaining
then -----------> 2600 <-----------
THTS it..

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
kaustav_geek said:
To Incinerator:

Mmm... Zebronics cases look cool! are they widely available?? What other cheaper yet big and cool looking cases do you know from Zebronics?? Please inform me soon .Also are the cases available without PSUs because i will purchase one separately. Your case looks cool!!;-) But is its build quality good enough?? By the way my budget is 1000 max!

-Kaustav
1).Man at 1000 bucks dont buy a cabinet. U will only get cheap low quality one. So collect atleast 1500 then go for it.
2).I dont where do u stay but in lamington Zebronics cabinet r widely available.
3). Quality of zebronics is OK frm othersu cant expect it to be same as Antec or say VIP. I mean not too low just bit little lower frm VIP in quality.
See u can definately go for Zebronics they r much more better than others but not like Antec and VIP.
Since u r having low budget collect abt 1500 then go for zebronics..
HOpe u will agree on wht i said.
Actually wht i feel is tht cabinet r one time investment. further u dont look at it nor u tend to change it. so think logically
Bye

Incinerator

Broken In
kaustav_geek said:
To Incinerator:

-Kaustav

Sorry for the late reply bro :oops:

- are they widely available??
Zebby cabinets are very widely available.

- What other cheaper yet big and cool looking cases do you know from Zebronics??
Try looking at their website *www.zebronics.net

- Also are the cases available without PSUs
Yes there are. My case originally came with a 400w PSU but I explicitly asked the vendor to remove it as I already have an Antec. He complied and subtracted the price of PSU.

- Your case looks cool!!;-) But is its build quality good enough??
Thanks mate :D , yes its lighter and stronger than my prev cabinet.

- By the way my budget is 1000 max!
I agree with ymhatre, cabinets are one time expenditure. So save a few more bucks and then go for one that suits u best. And you can try to mod your existing cabby. You can't add to its ruggedness but you can surely make it look much better.
- Try fitting 80mm fan on the top (hot air rises above and accumulates at the top part of cabinet, the fan would blow it out)
- You can add another 80mm fan at side panel (it will blow fresh air directly at the cpu, thus reducing the temp further down)
-An 80 mm fan at the rear side for blowing out hot air.

Try to go for fans with LED's as it adds the the looks.

You can go to some hardware walla and have the middle portion of the side panel cut in any fancy shape. Stick some acrylic sheet there for the transparent looks. Add a cheap chinese coloured slim cfl tube. It will look much better + it will be a lot cooler than before + it will cost you just a few hundreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom