Which brand Pen Drive should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
infra_red_dude said:
Also Transcend V series are very very very very very very very slow!! But one thing I've seen is that it survives water!! (mebbe an exceptional case wid me! :)) )

Totally agree on both points, while mine is slow, it was not water that it survived, actually I tripped over the lanyard and while the body shellcome out, the machinery was able to hold on to the port, I just attached the tow again and it is working real fine now. They are rugged for sure.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey, go 4 SanDisk Cruzer they hav good vfm+performance+U3.
Take SanDisk Cruzer Contour 8GB its so cool at its price....:p

Cruzer Micro 2GB n 4GB hav the best vfm.Don't take 1GB its only Rs.200 less than 2GB.
If u r also looking for good build quality,buy d Cruzer Titanium(not dat Micro series r poor build),but they r not vfm series from SanDisk.

I like Transcend jetFlash drives,but only few hav U3.They hav high performance than any other brands.........costs so high too :rolleyes: .

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
:shock: Nope, Jetflash r Vista Ready-Boost ready(I'm not talking abt old jetflash), so its not slow!!!!! MS recommends Transcend Jetflash and Transcend v60(8GB).

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i have used kingstion and transcent both... but i have seen a speed difference in both these... a single file which transfers to kingston in 5 mins takes 6:20 secs to go in the other one... Your decision

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Cruzer Contour 8GB costs just above 3k.

SanDisk Cruzer is faster than Kingston drives, but there r models like DataTraveller 1000series from Kingston which r faster........so does its price;overpriced......

OP
go4saket

go4saket

I was just going through the U3 technology in Wikipedia and learnt that U3 enabled flash drives some times have compatibility issues with some computers. Moreover, what is the benefit of having a U3 enabled drive over a normal drive. I guess we can install portable applications in a normal flash drive also and run it in the same way as we will do with U3 enabled drives.

Correct me if I am wrong and let me know the benifits of U3 over normal.

By the way, what is the cost of Sandisk Cruiser Micro Flash drive (U3 enabled) both of 2GB and 4 GB.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey man,I don't know exactly d price of DataTraveller 1000series.Its new in market;bytheway I think this series don't have 2GB drives.I hav only heard abt 8GB and 16GB drives from this series.....anyway Kingston drives are always overpriced(head weight for their brand name!!!).

Don't take U3 as a poor technology.:oops: ...though there r other apps like this;U3 is d best.....gud support and update from manufactures and thus no compatibility issues(I'm using Cruzer Micro 4GB,never faced any problems);more than anything
U3 provides more data security( inbuilt avast anti-virus).

@patelpk

I don't know where 2 get hardwares @ cheapest rates in bangalore; and don't get excited too much by the prices I've quoted. I'm from a town Kottayam near Kochin in Kerala; and take alook @ my signature; I belong to a famous clan where I get h/w from dealers directly at low prices.....so I don't know the correct prices at h/w stores.

But the price for 2GB is correct its:750/-

Last edited:
OP
go4saket

go4saket

I found a shop selling Sandisk Cruiser 2 GB at Rs.650 in Bhubaneswar, but unfortunately that was not a U3 drive and I am looking for a U3 drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom