Which Anti-virus/ anti-spyware are best?

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
As have build a new PC now need to get Anti-virus/ anti-spyware and all whatever is necessary as am not aware of these.

Please suggest me a free version as of now as i will upgrade to a paid version after 6 months. For now have installed AVG free for the time being.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I'll go for avast I think. But should I install malwarebyte with it? Does they do the same job? And any other necessary anti- ****** ?

sohan_92

In the zone
Use Microsoft security essential... it is free and uses very less resources.

For paid, use Kaspersky.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
use avast free if you have a regular internet connection & reasonable data plan because many of its detection techniques works best when online.use avira free if you don't have a regular internet connection or don't like automatic updates too often.avg free has not a good reputation in most of the tests conducted by major known AV testing organizations.for paid AV kaspersky & bitdefender are best but before buying any of them make sure to try the trial version first because on many systems due to whatever reasons(some software/hardware incompatibility) they result in slow down/BSOD.

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Eset for excellent heuristic detection and also web shield.. At lowest performance downgrade.

You can use hitman pro and malwarebytes to check your pc occasionally..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is malwarebyte a AV or do I need it with avast?

it's not a AV but as the name suggest malware [ spyware/adware and some other potential malicious apps ] scanner - you may or may not use it with an AV program - it's your choice. One more option for you is to use Spybot S&D - it's robust and better than MBAM.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
The best antivirus is user itself. So, just use any free antivirus with safe computing practices :)

And the most common source of virus /spayware /adware etc. is internet.
So, use Firefox browser with NoScript plugin to visit unknown and mistrusted websites.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best antivirus is user itself. So, just use any free antivirus with safe computing practices :)

And the most common source of virus /spayware /adware etc. is internet.
So, use Firefox browser with NoScript plugin to visit unknown and mistrusted websites.

you are right but in a security chain people are the weakest link ;)

Top Bottom