which 970 GTX has the most warranty?

A

amit.tiger12

Gigabyte = 1 Year international warranty
Galax, Asus, MSI = 3 Years
Zotac = 2 YEARS ZOTAC INDIA WARRANTY + 3 YEARS ADDITIONAL WARRANTY ON REGISTRATION ON ZOTAC WEBSITE

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Seriously asking, how's Zotac? As a brand, I mean can it compete with the kinds like Asus or MSI or EVGA at all? Based on thermal compounds and other materials etc.?

They are so cheap than the other cards!

PS: I don't need VFM nonsense.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Gigabyte = 1 Year international warranty
Galax, Asus, MSI = 3 Years
Zotac = 2 YEARS ZOTAC INDIA WARRANTY + 3 YEARS ADDITIONAL WARRANTY ON REGISTRATION ON ZOTAC WEBSITE

Thanks a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously asking, how's Zotac? As a brand, I mean can it compete with the kinds like Asus or MSI or EVGA at all? Based on thermal compounds and other materials etc.?

I think most people prefer them as they have a 2+3 years warrantty. The price is difference isn't huge IMO. As per mdcomputers Zotac 970 GTX is for Rs26,599 & MSI GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 GAMING OC is Rs 26725. I don't know how the 2 specific models are in comparison with each other but judging by the overall models available & prices, it's not a big price difference.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I think most people prefer them as they have a 2+3 years warrantty. The price is difference isn't huge IMO. As per mdcomputers Zotac 970 GTX is for Rs26,599 & MSI GRAPHICS CARD GTX 970 GAMING OC is Rs 26725. I don't know how the 2 specific models are in comparison with each other but judging by the overall models available & prices, it's not a big price difference.

Zotac 970 is 26850 in Flipkart, they are having 10% off on VISA cards right now, so effective price will be 24200

Where the Strix is 26800 after discount and the MSI (Twin Frozr) one is much more.

It's not much but 2600 isn't that tiny anyway.

A

amit.tiger12

This is not nonsense... :)
BTW I prefer Asus Strix GTX 970 :)

Nvidia's Board Partners: GTX 980 And 970 Card Roundup

EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte or Asus GTX 970? [Solved] - Asus - Graphics & Displays

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Review Roundup: feat. ASUS, EVGA and MSI | bit-tech.net

GTX 970 Roundup (EVGA, GALAX, Gigabyte)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Round-up - Inleiding - Tweakers

Partnerkarten im Test: Elf Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 im Vergleich - ComputerBase

MSI GTX 970 Gaming

Pros:
- Improved power delivery
- Samsung memory IC's; factory clocked for 7ghz but will often overclock to 7800-8000mhz
- *High maximum rated power draw (for overclocking purposes)
- Quiet air cooling solution
- Smallest/thinnest card (of the three compared); better for small cases and will perform better in sli configurations temperature wise
- Features a metal plate/heatsink covering the memory IC's and some circuitry on the front side of the PCB; more effective cooling in comparison to the STRIX card

Cons:
- No backplate
- *4 memory IC's on the rear side of the PCB; could result in lower overclocks due to no airflow/heatsink contact, also loses potential for a full cover block to properly cool all the memory IC's
- *Poor vrm cooling solution; small secondary heatsink that receives little airflow due to the placement of the 2 fan HSF design

ASUS GTX 970 STRIX

Pros:
- Samsung memory IC's; factory clocked for 7ghz but will often overclock to 7800-8000mhz
- Passive cooling during idle/non-3d load; offers quieter performance
- Quiet air cooling solution
- Backplate
- *All 8 memory IC's are located on the front side of the pcb; better airflow and cooling (although the stock heatsink does not make any contact with the IC's), best solution when considering water cooling for highest memory overclocks

Cons:
- *Lowest stock TDP/Power limit; only 1 x 8pin ATX power connection, note this is fine for general overclocking and stock use but do not expect possible benchmark record performance
- Least effective cooling solution of the three concerning core, memory, and vrm temperatures.
- *Poor vrm cooling solution; small secondary heatsink that receives little airflow due to the placement of the 2 fan HSF design

Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1

Pros:
- Highest factory core clock/boost
- High maximum rated power draw (for overclocking purposes)
- Most effective cooling solution (especially when it comes to VRM section of the board)
- Best air cooled solution
- *Highest stock TDP/Power Limit (for overclocking purposes)
- Backplate
- Most display connectivity 3xDP 1xHDMI 2xDVI

Cons:
- Loudest cooling solution of the three cards
- Largest and tallest card; not ideal for small cases or Sli conifgurations
- *4 memory IC's on the rear side of the PCB; could result in lower overclocks due to no airflow/heatsink contact, also loses potential for a full cover block to properly cool all the memory IC's

Last edited by a moderator:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

As a brand Zotac is good enough to compete with any other gpu manufacturers and their product line sans some cards by Asus, EVGA and KFA like brands meant for serious OCers. Anyway, every manufacturer messed up some products from time to time so if you have a particular model in mind read some user reviews about it on sites like amazon / newegg.

jasku

In the zone
I am in a similar boat, if I get to sell off my 7970, I am also looking at Zotac really unsure of the RMA, but then most of the brands handle their RMAs through the same partners, not sure if it going to make a difference, might as well go with the one that gives max warranty.

Thoughts?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The max discount on that offer is Rs 1000. Read the fine print. ;)

Yep, missed that, thanks, figured out earlier today while I was trying to order the same!

- - - Updated - - -

As a brand Zotac is good enough to compete with any other gpu manufacturers and their product line sans some cards by Asus, EVGA and KFA like brands meant for serious OCers. Anyway, every manufacturer messed up some products from time to time so if you have a particular model in mind read some user reviews about it on sites like amazon / newegg.

Thanks mate.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

+10

Zotac has serious cards too. Amp Extreme is no slouch. Beats G1, head to head with MSI OC'ed. Zotac is more VFM in GTX jungle as well. I was really up for the amp extreme when I decided to buy 970, I almost bought it...

but then I saw it..up close..in the hands of some random dude.

MSI GTX 970 was too damn saaaixyeee. Scarlett Johansson in black and red GPU sweetness.:wub: Changed to it at once.

Top Bottom