Which 6850?

mohiuddin

Journeyman
I want to buy a 6850 or equivalent gpu,my choice was,
Newegg.com - ProductList
any of them.but, i saw that the oc version has different type of voltage regulator so no volt mod was possible,and with stock volt it touched ~870mhz hardly or less.i saw it in benchmarkreview.com.
Is that true?
1.if true, is that non-oc version having same issue?
2.any one having same of any those two graphics card,please help.
3.any trusted end users' review?
4. What about other vendor?
5.don't think about availability.coz i m buying it from abroad.
Thanks.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ mohiuddin

Buddy i will suggest two cards to you:

1. Sapphire 6850 toxic @ 11k
2. MSI gtx 460 cyclone @ 10.8k

Both are overclocked versions and will have no problems at all.

Don't buy from abroad, cause you might have issues with RMA here if something goes wrong. Make your purchase in india.

OP
M

mohiuddin

Journeyman
@ mohiuddin

Buddy i will suggest two cards to you:

1. Sapphire 6850 toxic @ 11k
2. MSI gtx 460 cyclone @ 10.8k

Both are overclocked versions and will have no problems at all.

Don't buy from abroad, cause you might have issues with RMA here if something goes wrong. Make your purchase in india.

thanks my friend.in my place a 6850 is price is >230$ equivalent.and please help , is it good to buy that non oc version?please any review site?trusted?end users review?oc review?sorry.so many questions.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ mohiuddin

Yup asus direct cu cards are very solid and come with great components even than sapphire imo. They are my favourite and at 9.8k, asus 6850 is a steal. Gives you good overclocking headroom too. I think the warranty is standard 3 years.

My thumbs up to asus radeon 6850 direct cu.:doublethumb:

Check its review HERE.

Last edited:
OP
M

mohiuddin

Journeyman
@ mohiuddin

Yup asus direct cu cards are very solid and come with great components even than sapphire imo. They are my favourite and at 9.8k, asus 6850 is a steal. Gives you good overclocking headroom too. I think the warranty is standard 3 years.

My thumbs up to asus radeon 6850 direct cu.:doublethumb:

Check its review HERE.

thanks, buddy.i m going to buy it today.:)
but, can u help me about warranty, it was bought from usa and not from newegg...does asus give 3yrs warranty?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I don't get you. Have you already bought the card from usa or you'll buy it from here?

In india, the warranty is 3 years AFAIK.

OP
M

mohiuddin

Journeyman
^^ I don't get you. Have you already bought the card from usa or you'll buy it from here?

In india, the warranty is 3 years AFAIK.

i bought it....it was originally bought from uk.it is asus direct cu.
At stock volt 1.146v it get highest 850mhz without artifacts.not so impressive.but at 1.22v i can reach 1ghz without artifacts may be even more(i haven't tested yet)...
And considering 790mhz as stock clock, oc at 1ghz boosts 26% boost.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
congrats buddy. Post the pics in the latest purchase section. Want to see how it looks.

Top Bottom