Where's my backup??? Pls help.

biswassuman2001

Right off the assembly line
:sad:I have formatted my laptop ( Compaq Presario V3000), just 7 days back. I have taken the backup as per procedure, in 11 CD's. However, when I reinstalled my laptop with the back up cd's, I could not find any of files/ pictures/ ALL DATA.

MY ALL DATA ARE GONE !!!

Where is my data? However, in my 'D" drive, I can see a recovery file of 8.85 GB, which I am unable to open. Is this my back up data. In that case, how do I get my data back?

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY.

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
What is the format of that 8.85 gb file and what procedure you followed while making the backup

OP
B

biswassuman2001

:-(The procedure follwed, was as mentioned in the "HP" back up & restore; nothing was amiss.

The "D" drive is

Recovery Partition
Warning!

This area of your hard drive
(or partition) contains files used
for your PC Recovery.

Do not delete or alter these files.

Any change to this partition could
prevent any recovery later.

PLEASE BE KIND TO HELP!!

OP
B

biswassuman2001

:cry::cry::cry::cry:Some body out there must be having an answer to my problem; PLEASE HELP SOME ONE!!!

pushkar

Journeyman
Try using Windows Search to find any file whose filename you remember. The D drive recovery partition comes by default on HP computers. I don't think you will find anything in there.

devgujar

Broken In
Download GetDataBack & Initiate Data Recovery process ,it recovers Data from formatted Drives also.

+1 for getdataback, you can also try Stellar pheonix data recovery or Recuva for the job. Make sure that the hdd sectors were not overwritten by some other data else the recovred data will be corrupted. Best of luck !

swatkat

Technomancer
@biswassuman2001,
Before reinstalling the system, did you do a "User Backup" to backup your data? "User Backup" archives the data in a separate partition. In this case, you need to try "User Restore" to restore your data. Search for "User backup" and "User Restore" in this page, to know the procedure:
Compaq Presario 5BW122 250-0524 Compaq Recovery CD