Where to get these parts in Delhi? + Is this configuration correct? +Stupid Questions

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
So finally its more than a month and I am still waiting for my computer.:sad: My dad told the assembler to get it assembled but he is just delaying it.... So I have decided to get all parts and assemble it myself. Problems(sorry if they are too silly or not allowed here):
This is the configuration I am gonna have:

Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 640
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
RAM: 2 x 2GB G.Skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNQ DDR3
HDD: seagate 7200.12 500GB
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD6850
PSU: FSP Saga II 500W(My assembler said that this is not available, so he will use Cooler Master's PSU)
Case: CM Elite 310
Monitor: Benq G2220HD

Do I need to change it? I mean can there be some "compatibility issues" or performance issues?
Also, where can I get these parts in Delhi?
Another thing, on the motherboard's site, ( GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GM-UD2H (rev. 1.3) ), it says:
.....Based on AMD 880G chipset, GA-880GM-UD2H is integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 (DX10.1) graphics engine and supports......
so... it already has a graphics card, so can there be any problem while installing my HD6850? Can there be both(the integrated one and 6850) together without any problems? Or should I change my motherboard?

If I assemble it myself, can it be difficult? :grin: What things should I keep in mind while assembling it?

Other than the above parts, what things(?) will I need to assemble it? I mean that cooling fans, they are not in configuration, so which one I should get? Will I get CPU Cooling fan with CPU itself or not?

I know that these questions are very much and very stupid too, but I need help :p

PS: I forgot some more questions that I had in my mind, so I will edit this post when I recall them :grin:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Re: Where to get these parts in Delhi? + Is this configuration correct? +Stupid Quest

psu: fsp saga ii 500w(my assembler said that this is not available, so he will use cooler master's psu)
Stick to FSP SAGAII or get Corsair CX400W.
do i need to change it? I mean can there be some "compatibility issues" or performance issues?
Nope
also, where can i get these parts in delhi?
Nehru place. Check out smc, cost2cost etc.
SMC international
another thing, on the motherboard's site, ( gigabyte - motherboard - socket am3 - ga-880gm-ud2h (rev. 1.3) ), it says:

So... It already has a graphics card, so can there be any problem while installing my hd6850? Can there be both(the integrated one and 6850) together without any problems? Or should i change my motherboard?
Yeah no problem. HD6850 will work. Inbuilt graphic card will be disabled.

if i assemble it myself, can it be difficult? :grin: What things should i keep in mind while assembling it?
Its not difficult. Just be careful, don't force anything.

other than the above parts, what things(?) will i need to assemble it? I mean that cooling fans, they are not in configuration, so which one i should get? Will i get cpu cooling fan with cpu itself or not?
You will get a fan with the cpu. You don't need extra fans. You can install them later. You will probably get some fans with your cabinet

i know that these questions are very much and very stupid too, but i need help :p
Its ok, the questions are not that stupid. They are fine for a first timer.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Re: Where to get these parts in Delhi? + Is this configuration correct? +Stupid Quest

That config is almost same as mine :D . Better get AMD phenom ii x4 955BE @ 5.5k instead of athlon ii x4 640. The price difference is only 1k but the performance difference is a lot. Also for the cabinet better get CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k or NZXT Gamma @ 2k instead of CM elite 310.

And don't hesitate in asking questions. We will be happy to help :)

saswat23

Human Spambot

Better get AMD phenom ii x4 955BE @ 5.5k instead of athlon ii x4 640. The price difference is only 1k but the performance difference is a lot.

:shock:
Where is it. IMO 955BE costs 6k.

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

Stick to FSP SAGAII or get Corsair CX400W.
Alright, but what can be problems of using a Cooler Master PSU?
Nope

Nehru place. Check out smc, cost2cost etc.
SMC international
Thanks!

Its not difficult. Just be careful, don't force anything.
??? Anyways, I found many tutorial videos on "how to assemble a computer", and they are very helpful :))

You will get a fan with the cpu. You don't need extra fans. You can install them later. You will probably get some fans with your cabinet
Its ok, the questions are not that stupid. They are fine for a first timer.
:D

That config is almost same as mine :D . Better get AMD phenom ii x4 955BE @ 5.5k instead of athlon ii x4 640. The price difference is only 1k but the performance difference is a lot. Also for the cabinet better get CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k or NZXT Gamma @ 2k instead of CM elite 310.

And don't hesitate in asking questions. We will be happy to help :)

I am really tight on the budget :))
If this configuration is fine, so I dont think that I should change it. I will also get speakers, keyboard-mouse etc, so better let me save money for it :p

And if I dont get my CM 310, I will take NZXT Gamma ;)

And If instead of a 500 GB hard disk, I get a 1 TB Hard disk(I see there's very little price difference), will the above specs support it?

jsjs

Journeyman

^it will support 1 tb hdd without any problems. Cooler master extreme PSUs have a bad reputation

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson

^it will support 1 tb hdd without any problems. Cooler master extreme PSUs have a bad reputation
Thanks. But what can be problems of a bad PSU(although I am not going to purchase it :p )

Zapper

Broken In

^^
System restarts on its own
Spontaneously goes into standby
Fan does not run, runs slowly, or runs noisily
Computer is heating up
Dim display
lockups or invalid page faults or disconnections from the Internet.
Computer may not power on or may not complete POST
Drives may not work intermittently
Multiple drives must be replaced repeatedly
Crackling audio
Computer running slowly
Drives intermittently not detected

these things may or may not happen

but its better to be safe than sorry

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

SMC is good, avoid C2C, heard many many complaints of them.

Nehru Place of course! You are a Delhiite for heaven's sake and you don't know

Piyush

Lanaya

Thanks. But what can be problems of a bad PSU(although I am not going to purchase it :p )

Don't get a Cooler Master PSU
here is the list of PSU's that you should look for(I'm talking in respect of SMC )

Corsair CX 400W @ 2.6k (don't buy CX 430W-->crappy PSU)
Corsair VX 450W @ 3.5k

FSP saga II 500W @ 2k

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.3k

Top Bottom