where to buy in kolkata???

Status
Not open for further replies.

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
royal said:
What's the address ??? I'll surely check out the place on my next vidit to Chandni :D

TechGuru#1 thx for the info about Z5300D ...

From supreme go towards esplanade (croos the road) , u'll find it at ur right - Technocrat, they are good; they snached many customers from supreme, supreme got forced to revamp their shop but still, supreme really cant change their attitude!

last week i asked what is the model of dvdrw they selling in another well known shop. To my surprise one guy answered 'whats dvdrw model no?'... another guy from side said -' ya theres a thing called model no, but he dont know what is the no' :))

btw where exactly is eastern logica infoway located? i never checked there.

royal

Padawan
~It_is_Andrew~ said:
supreme got forced to revamp their shop but still, supreme really cant change their attitude!

last week i asked what is the model of dvdrw they selling in another well known shop. To my surprise one guy answered 'whats dvdrw model no?'... another guy from side said -' ya theres a thing called model no, but he dont know what is the no' :))

ya Supreme staff has got a serious attitude problem...think they are doing us favor by letting us buy from their shop :x

~It_is_Andrew~ can I also have the address of Technocrat please ?

BTW, I have got good reasons to believe that the shop you are talking about is Saboo :D they got some of the most ignorant ppl to be found in Chandni

Last edited:
well i dont exactly knw wats the address.... bt i can tell u how to go there!!! u get down from chandni metro station.... n u walk straight towards central n indian airlines office n all hardly 4 about 3-5 minutes.... on the left u wll c a huge shop..... tats Technocrat..... its as cool as any sony world shop!!! u wont miss it if u go in the correct direction n keep ur eyes open on the left side!!!!
n there's 1 guy in that shop who is very knowledgable with computer hardwares.... n he wll help u out with any queries u hav!!!!

Last edited:

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
hell_storm2004 said:
n there's 1 guy in that shop who is very knowledgable with computer hardwares.... n he wll help u out with any queries u hav!!!!

any name or desp? :p

btw any address/direction to eastern logica infoway?

Well i dont know his name... but he has a dark complexion... not very dark though .... he is bit on the fat side.... wid a moustache... as i said!!! wen u enter the shop... he wll b the 1st person u meet... he sits on the extreme left of the counter.... jst go n u wll find out.... he is no bill gates but atleast he has his basics about hardware very clear!!!!!

royal

Padawan
~It_is_Andrew~ said:

Here it is ...

16, G.C. Avenue
22256455/56/6538/39
easternlogica@vsnl.net

If you start from Supreme and move towards Saboo, it will be in between on the left hand side...
nice shop, I must say

BTW, what do you plan to buy ?

Last edited:

smkol

Right off the assembly line
thinktwice said:
where to buy good computer products in kolkata???
plz reply soon.
i wanna buy i pod,tfts etc.
You may please try three other shops apart from the ones you like or come across: Reach SABIR'S HOTEL at Chandni, proceed along THE SAME FOOTPATH towards west just two or three shops, ARIHANT .... (Is se sasta ....) and check with the fair complexioned brother (probably Mr Anil), the other brother - black complexioned - comes down not so much but he is also nearly ok.
Then move to SHREE ... just opposite ARIHANT ....

Also from there move towards west and cross the CR Avenue (reach the western footpath of the CR Avenue and check with a large comparatively new shop about 200 metres away from CR Avenue-GC Avenue Crossing (from that crossing if you move, come towards Esplanade about 200 metres and it's on your right hand side).

smkol
9433066678 (12 Noon to 12 Night)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

If u reach technocrat then take the "gali" just beside it ... don't go straight .. walk along the turning road and u'll read Ganesh Chandra Avenue .. look left and there's Logica ...

BTW .. if u do go to eastern logica ... speak to the people in the interior counters .. specifically if u can find "Anil Kajalia" ... u'll be in good hands ....

supernova

Mr. S Nova
There is one shop recently opened at City Centre, Salt Lake. He stocks some good stuff.
Regarding prices, he is selling 2 GB ipod nano (200 $) for 9200/-
I dunno about his prices compared to C C market. However he has some good stuff which you can refer to...
Just wanted to share this with fellow Kolkatans...
And don't worry "I do not hate Kolkata". Being a newbie will take time to adjust in this city.....

royal

Padawan
supernova said:
And don't worry "I do not hate Kolkata". Being a newbie will take time to adjust in this city.....

Glad to hear that mate :p

I assume you stay at SaltLake :cool:

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
i could not find rashi peripherals anywhere in 1, GC Avenue (thats what address was mentioned in this thread!!!)

btw a offtopic question - what dvd media & for what price ( & if from any specific place) you guys buy from chandni market? I got some 'nova' brand for rs 15 ,maybe good for general,but not sure if they will be good for my other important backups?
couldnt find moserbear original, been shown moserbear jaali & verbatim(might be jaali aswell) for 30/-. Any firsthand suggestions?

royal

Padawan
I usually roam around Chandni and check out price/availability in a few shops before I buy blank media :cool:

BTW, I got "genuine black n' red" 4.7 GB MoserBaer DVD-R at Rs. 22 a piece

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
royal said:
I usually roam around Chandni and check out price/availability in a few shops before I buy blank media :cool:

loose dvds i hope? & where from?
from personal exp which media you guys reccomend for comparatively imp backups?

TechGuru#1

In the zone
royal said:

yeah pal.royal .where from?

royal

Padawan
~It_is_Andrew~ said:
loose dvds i hope? & where from?
from personal exp which media you guys reccomend for comparatively imp backups?

yeah loose ones...

well I didn't exactly look for the address of the shop :-| its a small one and deals primarily in blank media only ...
I'll let you guys know after my next visit

And for imp. backups I prefer MoserBaer/Sony :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom