where to buy in kolkata???

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
royal said:
can we bargain or do they sell at MRPs ? :confused:

Ya, you can bargain a little. When I bought my AMD system last Feb, there was quite a bit of bargaining. After a little deliberation, they reduced the prices by Rs.200 on an average.:)

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Go to chandni market with time at hand and a list of stuff you want and visit multiple shops, you can usually get a good deal if you look hard, you don't usually have to bargain

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
btw an offtopic question but do you ppl prefer box pack or oems? cause those who offer competetive prices are oems. does buying oems cause any warranty problems?

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Most guys doing computer business @ Chandini chowk-kolkata r basically gross potato & onion traders-turned techies,for the sake of quick tech bucks!They always keep the minimalist ideas on latest tech-products & issues.IMO,they should be fairly out of the business in which they r making such great bucks@behest of majority of customers ignorance in general!!sumtimes,i think,my younger bro keeps more updates,then they do in their business front!

royal

Padawan
TechGuru#1 said:
Most guys doing computer business @ Chandini chowk-kolkata r basically gross potato & onion traders-turned techies,for the sake of quick tech bucks!They always keep the minimalist ideas on latest tech-products & issues.IMO,they should be fairly out of the business in which they r making such great bucks@behest of majority of customers ignorance in general!!sumtimes,i think,my younger bro keeps more updates,then they do in their business front!

Thats putting it too mildly :mad:

They should be kicked out of their shops and then the shops should be taken over by us :D

just my wish...I know its never going to happen ;)

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Royal: same feeelings here 2

royal said:
Thats putting it too mildly :mad:

They should be kicked out of their shops and then the shops should be taken over by us :D

just my wish...I know its never going to happen ;)

hehehe......royal,
bro,i also feel EXACTLY the same,sumtimes ltr,i think we have 2 better take a BIG michil to the brigade & then sweep down on those farts @ chandini-chowk & stop their livelihood for ever! mayb then they will ONLY have sum anutap & take us seriously!

supernova

Mr. S Nova
I personally Visited the Chandni Market area for a set of Speakers.
I was Looking For Logitech X230.
However, to my surprise.. most of the shopkeepers did not understand what i was asking. As soon as i said Logitech they started pointing towards a Keyboard!!!!
few of them were inquisitive enough and asked me to explain them the product.
However, most of them were not bothered at all. Whn i mentioned speakers they pointed towards some crap they had and said that's all i can get...

there is a hell lot of diffrence between shopping experience in Nehru Place and here in Kolkata. Every time i get more reasons to dislike this city.....

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
supernova said:
I personally Visited the Chandni Market area for a set of Speakers.
I was Looking For Logitech X230.
However, to my surprise.. most of the shopkeepers did not understand what i was asking. As soon as i said Logitech they started pointing towards a Keyboard!!!!
few of them were inquisitive enough and asked me to explain them the product.
However, most of them were not bothered at all. Whn i mentioned speakers they pointed towards some crap they had and said that's all i can get...

there is a hell lot of diffrence between shopping experience in Nehru Place and here in Kolkata. Every time i get more reasons to dislike this city.....

Once around a year back, when I was looking to buy a set of speakers, I did some thorough research on the net and made a choice of the Logitech Z680 (5.1, THX, dolby digital, prologic-II certified, around 500W RMS, rated by CNET as >8/10, editor's choice). That was the time when I hadn't bought my MX-5021. The net listed price as around $250. Of course Logitech has discontinued this product. But what I wanted to tell you was that during that time 99% of the shops in Kolkata did not stock Logitech speakers. Reading your experience, I also want to tell you that when I asked them for Z680, all they could tell me was that by Logitech they only understood keyboards and mouse. They told me that Logitech was never into manufacturing speakers. Only Rashi Peripherals head office told me that they could import it from Mumbai but the price would be astronomical (>22k). That's daylight robbery for a $250 speaker.

You mentioned Logitech experience, so I felt that I should also share mine.:).

royal

Padawan
supernova said:

brother please don't dislike this city...dislike Chandni Chowk shop keepers ;)

digitized any idea where I can get Logitech Z5300D in Kolkata ? perhaps with rashi Distributors (1 G.C. Avenue) :confused:

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Re:Wonders of IT-kolkata!

royal said:
brother please don't dislike this city...dislike Chandni Chowk shop keepers ;)

digitized any idea where I can get Logitech Z5300D in Kolkata ? perhaps with rashi Distributors (1 G.C. Avenue) :confused:
Exactly yaar ,please dont DISLIKE the city for just hardware sake-we kolkatans r at No fault,when we ourself r facing their bad fleecing that these hardwre crook vendors make!
There is More 2 kolkata than just hardwares & sumthing u would never find anywhere- so love the city & hate hard those hardware business crooks-dalals.
Hey Royal,Logitech speakers like Z 5300 & Z 5500 D are Not readily stocked@kolkata as it(kolkata) is basically still a value conscious market!if u really want them ,contact Rashi & if u can convince them of ur die-hard interest & ready to pay them the extra bucks,they might surely bring them to you2@kolkata!
This is the first-hand hard knowledge i gained from my own personal experience by dealing with the Rashi ppls for purchase of my Logitech Z5500D Speakers this gone winter.Rashi kolkata ordered the speakers for me 2 Rashi mumbai,where it was also readily unavailable-out of stock,then Rashi-mumbai contacted-forwarded the order 2 Rashi-Bangalore,whofortunately had the stock,so they delivered to Rashi mumbai & mumbai therafter despatched the speakers to Rashi-kolkata, & i got the delivery after about 1&1/2 month of PATIENTLY Waiting,even though i Paid them a Premium of 25K,whereas it would have been available @ Mumbai-chennai for 22-23k! So there goes kolkata for U!

Also,Lots of Duplicates product thrives in the hardware market of kolkata@ chandini,particularly for branded memory,Cd-Dvd's & batteries.As Royal is currently finding out abt the fakes Moser-baer DVD's(the Silver finish ones),I had similar experiences in 2003 with Moser Baer CD-Rs(when MoserBaer as a brand was just out in the market & The DVD-rage was Not just in).Me also purchased similar Silver finished(name written in silver) MoserBaer Cds,(actually i didnot knew the differences then),however the CD's r still going OK after 3 yrs.Similar abt the 80-100 bucks Nokia & SE Cell-phone batteries1!.Also have u seen those hawkers@dharmatala shouting Bluetooth for mobile@rs 60.I was amazed by the rate,went close for enquery only to find that the Blue-tooth was a simple WIRED ear-piece meant for the mobiles & It was ONLY BLUE-TOOTH DESIGN! huh!!! hehehe!

WoW,what wonders goes around in the IT-scene@Street-realities of Kolkata.Some body has 2 personal experience 2 N-joy those unique wonders!!! *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Hi...

Well there's a shop in chandni chowk called Technocrat!!!! Its a huge shop!!! n i bet u'll love the shopping experience there!!! most of the shops in chandni chowk will make u wait atleast 1 hour or more 4 wat u want!!! coz they hav shops at sum place n a storage at some other place!!! bt this shop has n underground storage!!! so u pay the money go underground n get ur item n leave!!! its a very good shop.... i usually get my computer stuff frm there!!! Price is also reasonable!!!!
Bye....

Let us knw where u got ur stuff frm!!!!!!

royal

Padawan
hell_storm2004 said:
Hi...

Well there's a shop in chandni chowk called Technocrat!!!! Its a huge shop!!! n i bet u'll love the shopping experience there!!! most of the shops in chandni chowk will make u wait atleast 1 hour or more 4 wat u want!!! coz they hav shops at sum place n a storage at some other place!!! bt this shop has n underground storage!!! so u pay the money go underground n get ur item n leave!!! its a very good shop.... i usually get my computer stuff frm there!!! Price is also reasonable!!!!
Bye....

Let us knw where u got ur stuff frm!!!!!!

What's the address ??? I'll surely check out the place on my next vidit to Chandni :D

TechGuru#1 thx for the info about Z5300D ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom