Where have you been accepted?

Ah well, I guess I can write in this thread finally.
I was accepted in University of Copenhagen, not bad since my main area is Medicine and Life Sciences. Although living in Scandinavian country kind of depresses me....too cold.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Ah well, I guess I can write in this thread finally.
I was accepted in University of Copenhagen, not bad since my main area is Medicine and Life Sciences. Although living in Scandinavian country kind of depresses me....too cold.

congrats dude..Denmark is voted as the happiest country in 2013 Denmark Is Considered The Happiest Country. You'll Never Guess Why
doesn't prove anything but happiness depends on where you want to be and what you expect from there .. friends and family do matter,if you care enough..heads up cos it would be a new experience for you if you like to explore new things.You already lived a part of your life in India,I guess.At the beginning it would be little hard to get to a new country until you learn to adapt.And when it gets boring ,start moving ! Lets have some Scandinavian fun !

congrats dude..Denmark is voted as the happiest country in 2013 Denmark Is Considered The Happiest Country. You'll Never Guess Why
doesn't prove anything but happiness depends on where you want to be and what you expect from there .. friends and family do matter,if you care enough..heads up cos it would be a new experience for you if you like to explore new things.You already lived a part of your life in India,I guess.At the beginning it would be little hard to get to a new country until you learn to adapt.And when it gets boring ,start moving ! Lets have some Scandinavian fun !

I'm not sure about Scandinavian culture. It is completely on a different line than the (somewhat restrained)culture in Switzerland(where I have lived for a short period) or Germany. It is expensive too! But let's see what surprises are there for me.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=294461]abhigeek[/MENTION] fine dude ..how are you ? where are you in the process? yup just finishing my second quarter here

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure about Scandinavian culture. It is completely on a different line than the (somewhat restrained)culture in Switzerland(where I have lived for a short period) or Germany. It is expensive too! But let's see what surprises are there for me.

hmm yeah i also felt that way..the whole application process was fun...preparing for toefl, gre and knowing results ,the process of applying ,getting accepted after 10 rejections last year ..wow i was so excited,,but when i was about to leave India i felt something that i was going to miss

@abhigeek fine dude ..how are you ? where are you in the process? yup just finishing my second quarter here

I'm good Nanducob.:bye_NF:
I'm still completing my Btech. After graduation I'll apply for Australia for post Graduation.
How is your experience in US?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
@abhigeek fine dude ..how are you ? where are you in the process? yup just finishing my second quarter here

I'm good Nanducob.:bye_NF:
I'm still completing my Btech. After graduation I'll apply for Australia for post Graduation.
How is your experience in US?

its mixed.some things i noticed..(just for fun)

Internet speeds are 50 Mbps with no downtime ,no powercuts
Very few people walk on sidewalks cos everybody has more than one car..you cant function properly without a car
If you order a beer they will ask if i need a second one along with it for 50% less(most thing are like that)
People are not shy to ask for cigarettes and are more honest
Things are done the basic way and that i the only way to do it.
Dinner is like 7 pm and people sleep early ,i guess
You need to click and wait for the traffic signal to cross the road
Weed is legal ,depends on state
People are polite, "you should consider doing it" "you might want to do this" but never a "you should do this"
If they want to sell you something they really look like they want to sell it
baseball,basketball,american,state flags on vehicles
YOLO
Diverse ,some places have large population of Indians

Top Bottom