where do i find fdisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitnphan

Right off the assembly line
my friends computer has windows nt and xp both loaded, now he wants to format the hdd and install only xp due to virus problem, but i am unable to find fdisk anywhere, how to go about it

DukeNukem

Come get Some
kitnphan said:
my friends computer has windows nt and xp both loaded, now he wants to format the hdd and install only xp due to virus problem, but i am unable to find fdisk anywhere, how to go about it

brother if you have a bootable CD of windows XP then you dont need any fdisk utility
fdisk is usually used (lol) to create or delete partition, you can use the bootable cd of win xp for that.

or if using mother board below or equal to i865 and Hdd below 120 GB then make a bootable floppy disk of win 98

here is the link for all win boot disk maker

*freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml

then use the floppy to fdisk.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
found in W98 boot cd.

it's not in win98 directory. it is found in A:/ in the command prompt.

Note: in w98 boot cd when we boot the comp. into the command prompt A:/ is an VIRTUAL drive and B:/ is the floppy drive. Please do not get confused.

Last edited:

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
The Unknown said:
found in W98 boot cd.

it's not in win98 directory. it is found in A:/ in the command prompt.

Note: in w98 boot cd when we boot the comp. into the command prompt A:/ is an VIRTUAL drive and B:/ is the floppy drive. Please do not get confused.
may b u r right i havn't used it for a long time. but its there inside win 98 boootable disk.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
sysfilez said:
may b u r right i havn't used it for a long time. but its there inside win 98 boootable disk.
I don't use it very frequently coz.. now i hv xp. but before xp i hv used it much. u wud not believe that when i was a nb001 to computers, and i learnt installing 98 from my dad, avast was not known to me. i used norton 2003 and it never protected me from viruses. i used to install 98 almost once in every 2 days for the reason that 98 corrupted!

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
buddy A: is virual drive created by ur bootfiles

put Win98 cd in a systemand check for Win98 Dir there u found all the system command files which u see at A:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
piyush619 said:
buddy A: is virual drive created by ur bootfiles

put Win98 cd in a systemand check for Win98 Dir there u found all the system command files which u see at A:
ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom