Where Can I buy P4 Extreme Edition CPU in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvlee

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I need some help. I stay in Kolkata and I need to know if there are any vendors in India who are selling P4 Exteme Edition CPU'S (Socket 478 Northwood Core) 3.2Ghz or 3.4 Ghz. I have a MSI875P FISR motherboard and using a P4 2.26 GHz presently. Since the prices of Extreme Edition CPU's have come down now, I want to upgrade to that, but there are no vendors in Kolkata selling this CPU presently. Can anyone please direct me some vendor who can sell me this CPU.

Thanks.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, if i am right theres no 478 EEs (plz correct)

U can contact and intel authorized seller nywhere for that ...

OP
A

arvlee

Right off the assembly line
Actually, there are P4EE's for Socket 478.

The 3.2Ghz :

*processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/...Fam=1026&PkgType=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&CorSpd=ALL

The 3.4Ghz :

*processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/...Fam=1026&PkgType=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&CorSpd=ALL

Previously their cost was around Rs.30,000 and now they cost between Rs.12,000 and 17,000 for the 3.2 & 3.4 respectively.

I did locate the CPU on Ebay and there were some excellent deals but the warranty being offered was between 7-30 days. That and the fact that I don't have a credit card; my international Mastercard Debit card from HDFC did not work on Paypal and so I could not make the purchase.

However I have located a vendor here who has taken some advance money telling me that the 3.4 is availalble in Delhi. He will try and get it for me. The only bad part is I have dish out nearly Rs4000 for a 3.4 if I don't get the 3.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom