when will suse 10.2 come up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanphoe

Right off the assembly line
hi folks! ne news as to when suse 10.2 will show up?
i think suse and ubuntu r the only distros competing in the desktop os marketvery closely followed by mandriva.but i must admit tht red hat has dissappointed me and so has fedora!seriously guys u can't winhearts intoday's market by making the os structure difficult.Gone r the days when open source was considered only 4 geeks.Today if companies want lay man to use open source they will have to provide ease of use and operabilty.Whereas red hat still sticks to its age old policy....well i find it so.

sanphoe said:
hi folks! ne news as to when suse 10.2 will show up?
i think suse and ubuntu r the only distros competing in the desktop os marketvery closely followed by mandriva.but i must admit tht red hat has dissappointed me and so has fedora!seriously guys u can't winhearts intoday's market by making the os structure difficult.Gone r the days when open source was considered only 4 geeks.Today if companies want lay man to use open source they will have to provide ease of use and operabilty.Whereas red hat still sticks to its age old policy....well i find it so.
how many days since are you using linux, from where does the comparision for Fedora with ubuntu and mandriva arises,if you have well explored the linux then you would have never said that, fedora is far better to your favourate ones, when it comes to custamisation,open suse10.2 will be released on Dec 7th, you can download then, I am also waiting eagerly for it.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Fedora just sucks now, I dont know why they are going the other way than easiness for desktops and building it for divine workstations alone.

SUSE really impressed me, but its YaST, its like, snails on sticky shoes. It just bug me off, taking off so much of time on a decent piece of hardware just to install an application. Not to mention its hangs all of a sudden. YaST rocks lesser than it sucks.

Mandriva sucked since its 10.1. It should stop appearing on the scene, I just cant stand it.

Ubuntu is the way to go, Debian power, nice speedy applications from the repos, fast command exectution and what not :)

AND:

I feel its time people learnt not to whine about toughness, define toughness of a simple command please.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Novell gave too much attention to the looks the end result is Suse Linux needs atleast
512 MB RAM + 1 GHz or higher Processor etc., for a decent performance.
If you want a very good performance in Suse Linux. Then you better upgrade to 1 GB RAM!!
And see the difference for yourself. Yeah Yast is a bit buggy. I hope the guys in Novell fix that in 10.2.

drsethi

Journeyman
SUSE 10.1 Remastered working fine.
256MB RAM required for installation
Don't haste and wait and watch for reports of 10.2
Current version released on Thursday, 23th of November: RC1

Next version Thu, Dec 7: Final version

The final release of openSUSE 10.2 is scheduled for Thu, Dec 7.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Man.. i simply cant do without SuSE 10.1...
BTW did try out Ubuntu.. but asai installed some debpackages from the debian sarge dvd (namelu some educational tools).. its started hangin and finally crashed....
any wayz.. eagerly waitin for 10.2.. (on the flipside.. my examz starz the very sm. day..)... will be gettin it by jan.. (on da jan ed. of lfy... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom