WhatsApp users will have to agree to new terms to continue using the service

kartikoli

Busy!!
You do that today and telegram will change their policies sooner or later :)
then will move to other apps :D
Its business so there will be adds but my coworker shared her story and i was shocked
She had an argument on WA with her husband and as soon she checkrf FB there were adds from lawyers, second time she was talking about MBA courses and then checks FB, same result. Lastly she was talking to her sister regarding some promotions on a website and she gets an adward on FB yet again so this means they are checking our chat messages in real-time using algorithms. Thats just too much, unless she missed something its really bad to know our 1-1 chats are not secure

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Its business so there will be adds but my coworker shared her story and i was shocked
She had an argument on WA with her husband and as soon she checkrf FB there were adds from lawyers, second time she was talking about MBA courses and then checks FB, same result. Lastly she was talking to her sister regarding some promotions on a website and she gets an adward on FB yet again so this means they are checking our chat messages in real-time using algorithms. Thats just too much, unless she missed something its really bad to know our 1-1 chats are not secure
This is very common now. You can uninstall a hidden facebook app (that is installed in probably all phone even if you don't have facebook installed) .. it might help.. :)
Whatsapp is free so we are the product :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Victim of Targeted Advertising but it's everywhere nowadays :D
*edu.gcfglobal.org/en/thenow/what-is-targeted-advertising/1/

And whatsapp sending user data to FB for years :
*techcrunch.com/2016/08/25/whatsapp...cebook-for-ad-targeting-heres-how-to-opt-out/

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Even if there are a lot of bills a lot of data will be shared. Many users I know who've never used Instagram see people they've only ever rarely spoken in whatsapp as suggested.

This happens even if all permissions are switched off. I'm sure many among us also has seen this happen as well.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

amohit007

Right off the assembly line
I do not agree with the new WhatsApp policy why they change policy it's very horrible now they use user data for doing many things like ads or share users data with another platform this is not good for us.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I do not agree with the new WhatsApp policy why they change policy it's very horrible now they use user data for doing many things like ads or share users data with another platform this is not good for us.
they change it because they want money and people are using whatsapp for free so they want to use the data of these people. for them, it is not another platform but the parent company.
as per the current situation, if you don't like it, stop using it and start using something else.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Wow, that's really shocking, thought WA chats were End to End encrypted.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Acc. To agreement, only chats between and with buisness account will be used. So if someone doesn't chat with buisness account, theoretically they should not care about it.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Acc. To agreement, only chats between and with buisness account will be used. So if someone doesn't chat with buisness account, theoretically they should not care about it.
all the banks and financial institutions have business accounts on WA. does this means all the interactions including WA banking will be compromised?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Why will they go against it,? In india we don't have any privacy laws like us and eu, more than half the population doesnt know about it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am sad that due to this ongoing rise of pandemic, WA terms will be the last thing someone would care about.
And in the heat of things will accept the terms. Good strategy of WA to delay the deadline to accept the terms.

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Slight update to this news. Apparently they won't delete accounts anymore but inhibit accounts

WhatsApp will progressively kill features until users agree to the new privacy policy WhatsApp will progressively kill features until users accept new privacy policy

Sent via Tapatalk

Top Bottom