What's wrong with my IE7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman
What's wromg with mt my IE7 ?
Am using XP Pro SP2. My Broadband (256 Kbs) Internat Service Provider is Hathway.
Every thing is working, although slowly, i cannot change my password, profile, etc.
On my homepage www.hathway.com I select email, user id, password, city and click on login. After clicking on 'Login' after about more than 20 to 30 seconds iPlanet Messenger Messenger opens. On this all the tags are working fine except "OPTIONS" which is relevant for changing password, profile etc.
Clicking on Options should open with left panel showing options for Personal Infdormation, Pasword, Settings etc and the right panel showing Account Summary. In my case the left panel is quite blanl hence I canot change password etc.

Brought this to the notice of Hathway who told me there was something wrong at my end and not at theirs and that I should contact my Hardwarw/Software man. My dealer told me to change my browser and go in for any other browser.

Downloaded Firefox.updated it to the latest and instaled it.

Now when I opt for email iPlanet Messenger Express opens in a jiffy
(against 20 to 30 seconds) taken by IE7 and both the panesl open immediately. An am able to change my password wtc.

Why does not my IE7 do what Firefox does ? Need to understnad what is wrong with my IE settings, if any.

Regards
Nariman

anandk

Distinguished Member
clear cache. download and use freeware ccleaner www.ccleaner.com
ensure yr ie7 javascripting is NOT disabled from its internet options.
for the moment, disable popup blocker
reboot and try ...

...else may have to repair/reinstall ie7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom