Whats up with Mi3 Hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
i wasnt talking about screen quality,its the build,hardware,speaker,camera etc
:p

BUILD - Mi 3 is 8.1mm thin, 145 grams light, and houses an aluminum-magnesium alloy frame, coated with 3 layers of thermal graphite.

HARDWARE - Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8274AB 2.3GHz processor, Adreno 330 450MHz GPU, 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, and eMMC 4.5 flash memory.

CAMERA - Take amazing photos in low light with a super-large (SONY) Exmor sensor and an ƒ/2.2 aperture. The built-in Phillips dual-LED flash quickly adds the perfect lighting to make your subjects beautiful. Never miss another photo opportunity again.

SCREEN - 1080p Full HD IPS RETINA Display MADE by SHARP JAPAN with Corning Gorilla Glass3 protection

SOUND - Mi3 includes Cirrus Logic CS42L73 DAC chip (for sound) which is apparently used in iPhone models.Dirac and SFX

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
BUILD - Mi 3 is 8.1mm thin, 145 grams light, and houses an aluminum-magnesium alloy frame, coated with 3 layers of thermal graphite.

HARDWARE - Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8274AB 2.3GHz processor, Adreno 330 450MHz GPU, 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, and eMMC 4.5 flash memory.

CAMERA - Take amazing photos in low light with a super-large (SONY) Exmor sensor and an ƒ/2.2 aperture. The built-in Phillips dual-LED flash quickly adds the perfect lighting to make your subjects beautiful. Never miss another photo opportunity again.

SCREEN - 1080p Full HD IPS RETINA Display MADE by SHARP JAPAN with Corning Gorilla Glass3 protection

SOUND - Mi3 includes Cirrus Logic CS42L73 DAC chip (for sound) which is apparently used in iPhone models.Dirac and SFX

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Yet around half the price ... Wonder how?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
im not gonna try and explain to you dear fanboy anymore,specs on paper and real world are different
i give u 6 months to come back here and rant about it
guarenteed

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Well they have a very strange business model. You pay them to install themes on your phone. This leads me to believe that the OS system might be locked. So that rules out cyanogenmod and all.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Its one decision you wont regret "at any cost"!

keep dreaming its too early to say
one plus one is wayy better

- - - Updated - - -

Well they have a very strange business model. You pay them to install themes on your phone. This leads me to believe that the OS system might be locked. So that rules out cyanogenmod and all.

yep no source code as well and even changing roms wont stop it from communicating with the chinese server

ubergeek

Journeyman

NOPE NO CIRRUS LOGIC CHIP IN MI3's SOLD HERE
WCD9320 qualcomm codec.

Audio Quality of the Mi3 phone - Xiaomi Mi 3 - MIUI Official Community

kevz22

crazy techie
i wasnt talking about screen quality,its the build,hardware,speaker,camera etc
i myself have a whole load of phones,tablets etc and camera too
i have a 4K Bravia 65inch so yeah i know screen quality pretty well
also my parents have recording studios as well for movies etc so i myself have a good judgement of sound and screen clarity so stop throwing your weight around like everyone else is an idiot
im guessing your just exaggerating and mad about accepting that it does have flaws
im not saying there are perfect brands or something but this one has a reputation for such issues and isnt helping victims
even moto g users with issues with their handsets were given a refund or replacement by moto on the spot when they discovered one shipment had issues,no questions asked,no denying
whereas xiaomis fans have turned delusional and cant take it when people mention cons of the mi3 but can easily critisize phones such as the lumia 930 or the nexus 5
they say lumia 930 and nexus 5 have fixed storage of 32gb so its bad but xiaomi offers 11gb of user available fixed storage and is perfect
speaker issues with mi3?use earphones
wait i forgot they dont even include that in the cost which even the cheaper black and white nokia phones will have in the package :p

Whatever be the case, the device which you are using to type all this right now lacks one major feature. 'Auto Capitalization'.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
When it comes to audio quality, Qualcomm DAC's are just pathetic.On the other hand Samsung uses WOLFSON DAC's inside their Exynos chipsets, which is the first choice for audiophile grade sound quality.WOLFSON DAC'S are used inside the most expensive MP3\MP4 players which are targeted at audio purists.The Exynos 5422 inside the SGS5 uses a WM5110 DAC.

Since MI3 uses a Qualcomm DAC its really no surprise that the sound output is pathetic.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Qualcomm WCD9320 audio chip which supports 24bit @192KHz audio and I tested it yesterday with some tracks all 96/24 I had downloaded from HD Tracks. They obviously sounded good but, in comparison to the Burr Browns I listen to they fell short in openness and final resolution,but I shouldnt be complaining and the comparison is unfair.This Codec is good with lots of details and has a tigtgrip on the music and dont loose focus. A lot for the Rs 13999. The same chip is present in a Nexus 5 too.

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Non expandable storage is a con for any phone, especially a phone with capable hardware(chipset) like the MI3.

5 FHD movies and you are done, lol. 16 GB internal storage is a big letdown for potential buyers who use their phone as a multimedia consumption device.

As a said before, in world where everything can be downloaded directly on to your phone, non expandable storage is a relic of the past.

Cheers!
AbhMkh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.