Whats the use of Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh_81

Broken In
Hi
I have got suse Linux cd\'s from my friend.But when i run anything from the cd it doesnt install.
Is there any use of Linux cd\'s?

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Well, make your question some unambigous.

Have you installed SuSE ? Which program are you trying to run ? And how did you do it ? What is your sys config.

YES. for the question.

kato

Karthiksn
I guess he is asking how to install it. I guess you should keep the CD in drive and then restart your computer with CD in drive it sill start the installation process. For further help post here.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Rajesh

U will hv to boot using tat Linux CD. Goto BIOS and Change the BOOT Priority from ur HDD to CD ROM. Insert the Linux CD and SAVE & EXIT the BIOS. After restarting the PC, the Installation of Linux will begin.

Cheers n e-peace..

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think I suggest he starts with a Live distro, has a look at what Linux GUI, understands what Linux is all about and then try to install anything.

Anyway, FYI, Linux is an OS - a (pretty good) substitute of Windows. Get hold of a Knoppix CD, boot from it and then see what it is. Don't expect it to run under Windows. Its totally different. :)

Satissh S

Youngling
@tuxfan: Same'ol story! Isn't Linux is a kernel, and GNU\Linux is a OS!! ;) Just For Fun nothin.. else :lol:

@rajesh: Put the cd in your drive to start suse installation..

tuxfan

Technomancer
Satissh S said:
@tuxfan: Same'ol story! Isn't Linux is a kernel, and GNU\Linux is a OS!! ;) Just For Fun nothin.. else :lol:

:lol: You are determined to confuse a newbie further!! Aren't you? :D

Let him understand the things with the terms he knows. You can"initiate" him into the more complex intricacies later ;) :D

Raiden Bee

Broken In
Its easy to create a live cd( unless you cannot get one)

1)Download the *.iso* file (Cd image) for the distro you want
2)Wait....this is step 1....select a good distro
3)Burn it (not your pc, the image onto a cd!) :lol:
4)Now go to the bios and select cd rom as 1st boot device, insert cd and boot.

This will run on the ram and will not make any changes to your system.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Hello

Linux is used for several things such as enjoymeny,studies,businessworks.etc

I have Mandrake Linux 10.I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom