What's the solution for this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
If I plugin any usb device except my hp all in one, my computer hangs. My freind wanted to scan a picture. I scanned it. He gave me a pen drive to store it. I inserted the pen drive and copied the file. After the file copied, my computer hung.

What could be the problem? My friend says Due to many apps running in the background, the RAM dosen't have some space to support the pen drive. He says I should upgrade my RAM to 512.

My Computer specifications:

Pentium 3 500 Mhz

256 Mb RAM

Windows XP SP2

about 10 apps run in the background.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I feel that XP as such may not be very stable when run on old & slow speed PCs like 500MHz CPUs. You may try a clean reinstall of XP and see if it works.

After the hang, when you restart the system, look into the event viewer under control panel -->Admin tools and see what’s the system or application error logged there when system went into hang. That might give you some clues to find / isolate the problem.

How many USB ports you have, does it happen on all ports?

harshagarwal

Journeyman
nilesh ur pc is ineeded P3, coz P3 started from 450Mhz, 500Mhz and so on.

U can also try updating XP with the latest patches and also getting rid of some useless program in the system tray.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
U seem to be facing the issue's fixed by the update on this Article but U already have XP SP2 so It seems u have a incomplete / corrupted XP SP 2 installation.

Try updating your USB Controller Drivers, Just do this .. uninstall all the USB Controller devices and drivers from Device Manager ... now reinstall Service Pack 2 for Windows XP
Run Windows Update and update your OS
Now Scan for new hardware from Device Manager and let it install the Drivers.
See if this helps you out ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom