What's the BIG thing about this brand..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
I'm reading lot of people in this forum are saying BIG GeForce cards are good. But I haven't seen any existance of this brand internationally. Not on newegg, Anandtech, THG....!! Also I have checked their website www.big-tek.com Is it a really good brand??? I know price factor is very attractive......but I'm bit confused about buying GeForce 6600GT (same brand)...!!

H

harsh bajpai

@parimal
same here pal! I also am in a dilemma between the 'price tag' of BIG and the 'name' of leadtek. see thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31512

please help me whether to buy a big 7800GTX fot 29k
or a leadtek 7800GT for 27k :? :?

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Its a indian brand started by Big Byte Corp so don't expect it to be on international sites. Many of the people who have purchased BIG 6600GTs are happy with it.

@harsh: Get a XFX 7800GT for 24k Or a BIG 7800gt for 23k. Incase you can spend upto 29k then go ahead with the BIG 7800gtx since the company has a 3 year warranty.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@harsh i think u betta go for LEADTEK 7800GT inspite of the fact that BIG's 7800GTX and leadtek 7800GT r almost of the same price.bcoz LEADTEK has been tried and tested through times and has kept its name intact in india as well as overseas.i m rather confused why people r suggesting BIG without having practical knowledge of it i m wondering if it is bcoz of its price tag.u cannot buy any electronic goods by using it for merely few months it has to b grinded through time to b known that it is good.people buy wrist watches on footpath which runs for atleast 6 months for no guarantee at all so running of any electronic good bought from a shop dat to of more then 20k is not surprising at all.

G

gxsaurav

Seems to me they simply import the leadteck cards, & then rebrand it to BIG, maybe after removing a few software bundles to cut the cost

Crazy_Eddy

Broken In
^ LOL! Where did you get that from ??

Check out:
- *www.bfgtech.com/6600GT_PCIX.html
- *www.big-tek.com/geforce6600PCIgt128.htm

Notice the similarity between the two cards? Apparently both BFG and BIG source their 6600GT cards from the same manufacturer. I believe that manufacturer is Galaxy Tech (not too sure) : *www.galaxytech.com/news/36/20041013183225.htm.

As many know, BFG sells a line of factory-overclocked gfx cards. Hence the assumption that the BIG cards hold just as much potential as per overclocking and folks have had success overclocking the BIG 6600GT card a good amount as well.

However so far this holds true only for their 6600GT cards, not sure about the other cards in their line-up.

aniruddh said:
people buy wrist watches on footpath which runs for atleast 6 months for no guarantee at all so running of any electronic good bought from a shop dat to of more then 20k is not surprising at all.
I fail to see the similarity between high-end gfx cards and footpath watches. The BIG cards are fairly decent, and they come with a 3 year warranty anyway, should anything go wrong.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
lol wrist watches and graphics card :lol: ! I think you missed the part of 3 years warranty. In case anything goes wrong you can always rma. :)

@Gx: Zebronics brand uses leadtek oems. BIG gets it card from global connexions, the same OEM BFG gets its cards from. :D

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hahaha :eek: i know it dat evryone is gonna say bout that line and that was juz an example buddies nywayz so sorry.so u guyz want me to edit dat part?i kno it has 3years warranty but its sumthin nu for us,and as suddenly everyone started comparing BIG with those companies so dats why hav to write that.

samanvya_ad

Broken In
I have to buy a 6600GT 128 MB for myself and today a friend of mine brought a BIG 6600GT to show me. Its price was 9200 (in Jodhpur) and i could find no reason as to why not buy it.... Though i will buy an XFX one...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
I dont think BIG is a bad deal after all .. maybe they cut on software and games bundles and price their cards cheaper .. and when they are coming with a 3 years warranty , why to worry ???? .. Their 6600gt has been a huge success and i read its review in CHIP and they also gave it a good score .. so i dont see any reason to stay away from BIG.

H

harsh bajpai

@aniruddh
you and me have very similar mentalities, i am am also one those who will go with the well reputed brands.

@blade runner
as far as warranty is concerned leadtek also provides 3yrs warranty. And BIG 7800GT is 23k +taxes(i.e ~25k)
and BIG 7800GTX is 29k+tax.
and where the hell did you get the price of XFX 7800GT as 24k ??? a friend got the rates of 6800GT as 24k about a month back; the XFX 7800GT must be at least 30k. it's price at ebay.in is 35k.

magnet

Youngling
yes only big 6600gt looks same as the bfg counterpart...as they r frm same oem...........and since bfg is worlds best card.........so if u want a 6600gt than its suggested....but ppl dont prefer the higher card 7800 over it.....

ammusk

Journeyman
Guys the brandname BIG is made locally in India by the former distributor of XFX ( big byte corporation)

THESE CARDS ARE NOT UPTO THE STANDARD OF THE ASUS , MSI, LEADTECH RANGE OF CARDS though i believe they are cheaper

funkymonkey

Journeyman
harsh bajpai said:
@aniruddh
you and me have very similar mentalities, i am am also one those who will go with the well reputed brands.

@blade runner
as far as warranty is concerned leadtek also provides 3yrs warranty. And BIG 7800GT is 23k +taxes(i.e ~25k)
and BIG 7800GTX is 29k+tax.
and where the hell did you get the price of XFX 7800GT as 24k ??? a friend got the rates of 6800GT as 24k about a month back; the XFX 7800GT must be at least 30k. it's price at ebay.in is 35k.
LOL i have bougth XFX 7800GT special edition for myself.
Costed me 25.5K and not 30K :p

H

harsh bajpai

@monkey
way to go man!! you got a special edition XFX 7800GT for 25.5k? you must be really special to them . i envy you..

godzi_85

In the zone
hey i have a 6600gt big ..
and man it surely rocks man!...
its good at overclocking . and the blue led doees look ultra cool :D..
and dont worry the card is really good and solid and a good overclocker too :D
some guys get it to 570mhz!!! i have taken it to only 550!

G

gxsaurav

can u plz provide a photo of the card, lets see what kind of cooling solution they provide

funkymonkey

Journeyman
@harsh.
heh i am not special, this is the price its selling for anywhere in mumbai.

@gxsaurav
Here are the links to the pics i took of this card.
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/2451/17rf1.jpg
*img116.imageshack.us/img116/4571/20jl.jpg
*img116.imageshack.us/img116/2007/37pe.jpg
*img116.imageshack.us/img116/8800/43ig.jpg
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/5937/58oi.jpg
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/5144/65ev.jpg
*img402.imageshack.us/img402/7755/bundle7kt.jpg

And here is complete details of the card i got.
*www.techenclave.com/forums/xfx-7800gt-review-37058.html

G

gxsaurav

now thats some bad a** card with some solid cooling,

godzi

plz post pics of your card if possible, lets see what knd of comparable cooling BIG uses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom