What Xcode and eclipse are capable of.

abhayalmighty

Broken In
Xcode and eclipse are the best IDE's for iOS and android development respectively. I was wondering if apps like instagram, evernote & angry birds are made from these IDE's only? Or does it require something more?

SunE

Professional Newbie
AFAIK these apps are made from these only. Though games require a game engine, Unity being a very common one.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Xcode is kind of proprietary for OSX whereas eclipse has support for most platforms including linux.
You also have to pay $99 royalty to apple for developing in XCODE for IOS.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Corona is a relatively good IDE for developing games like Angry birds and Cut the Rope.. it's inbuilt physics engine is very easy to understand

SunE

Professional Newbie
@vickybat XCode is free on the Mac App Store and anyone can download and develop an app on it. However if you want to publish the said app in Apple's APP Store, only then do you have to pay the $99 fee.

@Nerevarine Thanks for the info. Quick question- If Angry Birds is developed using Corona engine, why is Bad Biggies developed using Unity?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vickybat XCode is free on the Mac App Store and anyone can download and develop an app on it. However if you want to publish the said app in Apple's APP Store, only then do you have to pay the $99 fee.

Yeah i meant that only. I skipped the publish part in a hurry.
You are correct. :)

OP
A

abhayalmighty

Broken In
So you guys saying instagram & evernote are made completely from Xcode? No other API or framework required?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No Angry Birds wasnt developed using Corona, What i said was games like Angry birds and Cut the rope can easily be developed on Corona with little programming experience, thanks to the inbuilt physics engine..
Games like Temple Run and Shadowgun need something more beastly like Unity or UE

OP
A

abhayalmighty

Broken In
No Angry Birds wasnt developed using Corona, What i said was games like Angry birds and Cut the rope can easily be developed on Corona with little programming experience, thanks to the inbuilt physics engine..
Games like Temple Run and Shadowgun need something more beastly like Unity or UE

I got that, games require a special game engine.
I am asking if instagram & evernote are made completely from Xcode. No other API or framework required?

Top Bottom