What to learn???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hi to all!
In my vacations I am planning to learn C++.But I am not sure will it help me in my future or I must learn Java or something else? Pls help..:-?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
with out c and c++ background it will be hard to learn java...so ur r better of learning c++ 1st...

tuxfan

Technomancer
C/C++ = सबका बाप :)

If you already know programming, start with it. Once you know those things then you will easily pick up things like Java and PHP because basic syntax and a lot of other things is same!!

However, if you don't know programming you may find it little difficult initially because every small mistake will give unexpected results. If you are new, start with something simpler like VB.

C/C++ are like deep sea, you better not learn swimming in deep sea. Start with a swimming pool ;) Frist get hold of basic concepts like variable types, loops, conditions, commands, functions, assignments, type conversion, etc.

U can start with C++ then move on to Java... (u wud find it tuf to do Java w/o c++)
Or u can go for VB and then vb.net..They are interesting too..

Wish u good luck :)

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Thanx tuxfan!
Actually I know only BASIC! So I've decided first to learn VB and then C++.
Are online courses better than the ones in institutes?If yes,pls let me know about some.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Best thing is to get a book. I have learnt VB6 thru following books in the sequence.

1. VB6 in 21 days
2. More VB6 in 21 days
3. VB6 How To
4. VB6 Database How To

This will be easier than online resources.

I think u should go for C and then C++ .After learning these when ur basics will be clear u can learn JAVA.I know C and then directly tried to do java but it is really tough so i am learning C++ now.I think u have interest in software design like me so u can also learn VB6 .Its very easy and effective.I learned visual basic because i like creating visual softwares.U must opt for it.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
I suggest learning Python before any other programming language. Get real. Most of the big IT companies these days need Python programmers. The Google search engine is based on Python. It's easier to understand, and the program lengths in Python are way shorter that in any language.

*www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

Here's a link to a tutorial. It's the best one I found online. I personally learnt Python from this. Do read the first few chapters even if you don't want to learn Python. They are important and will give you the basic skills needed for smart programming.

T

thunderbird.117

1. Python.
2. C
3. C++
4. LUA.
5. TCL
6. Visual Basic.
7. PHP
8. RealBasic.
9. Java.

vikassethi

Broken In
Two combinations that can earn you big money:
1. php, mysql. You will get hundreds of buyers wanting sites with these two combinations.
2. .Net. Visual Basic 2005 is easier to learn and after you have done this you do not require any other language. Days of C++ wil begone in coming 5 to 10 years as Microsoft's future vision is based upon XML and it was every future programming platform to be on .Net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom