what to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
akshayt said:
but still,i don't think that a 460$ card will come to 200$ within the next 6months.

lol...thats a bit too much to expect....might come down by 100 -150 dollars...which is the going rate for most popular cards as of today...

great_manish

Journeyman
***** Advice
spend around 5k on a geforce fx 5200(direct x 9 supported). it is fast enough for games like doom 3 and half life 2.and spend the other 5k on acreative speaker system they really rock !! :D

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
LOL ! Whenever did a Fx5200 become fast enuf to play d2 and hl2 (which isnt released btw), dude wake up and smell the coffee. I personally have e fx 5200 which is btw the most crappiest card i've come across. Tell u what, why don't u benchmark ur card and u'll know what i am talking of.

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
blade_runner said:
LOL ! Whenever did a Fx5200 become fast enuf to play d2 and hl2 (which isnt released btw), dude wake up and smell the coffee. I personally have e fx 5200 which is btw the most crappiest card i've come across. Tell u what, why don't u benchmark ur card and u'll know what i am talking of.

FX5200 is def not in my mind! Its mostly gonna be the Radeon powercolor if I am gonna get it in India or somethin else if its gonna come from abroad..the 6800 for instance...so lets see...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
fx 5200 xfx is for 3k max.
128mb geforce 4 ti 4200 is for 4900.

spending 5k on the sound system when you have no money for graphics card is madness.

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
as of now the 6800 beats the x800 also ...
so lets wait and see ... specially till the pci-express versions are out
for now 6800 AGP 8x is ur best bet .. if u can afoord it
BTW $290 is pretty cheap .. specially if u can sneak past customs ... hmm
im gonna talk to my dad abt this :D

Hmmm...I read up PCI_Express... I know its supposed to double up the speeds (from 8x to 16x!) but then I also heard that theres no significant difference in them...yet...theres a review of it on Digit too....so right now I am def heading for 6800 AGP 8x.....with the ASUS Mobo....

theraven

Technomancer
well the 6800 and x800 are still in 8x mode ...
so the 6800 beats the x800 there
why theres no diff between the 8x and the pci express right now is bcuz the x800's and 6800's havent been released in pci express versions yet
so lets wait and watch comparing card to card !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom