What to buy? Zenfone 2 (14,999) or Mi4i

bayern_tig

Broken In
My priorities are good camera quality, good display and most importantly reliability and ASS

Plus I feel external memory is a plus on the ZF2

krishnendu

Journeyman
I think ASUS is more reliable then Xiaomi. If your budget is 15k then its hard to get a very good camera. AFAIK lumia 730's camera is quite good. Still, there are so many experienced users in Digit, they will let you know..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
My priorities are good camera quality, good display and most importantly reliability and ASS

Plus I feel external memory is a plus on the ZF2

both have good snappers,display and specs etc
in terms of after sales and reliability,the Asus wins
where Zenfones have fallen short in the past is battery life and dev support

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
If your budget is 15k then its hard to get a very good camera. AFAIK lumia 730's camera is quite good. .

you are right!! I have the 720 which shares its camera etc with the 730
the 6.7mp blows every other camera phone out of the water in low light
the only phone to come close is the G4(leaked) which has a similar aperture

though I must say this,the Mi4(dunno about mi4i) and Zenfone 2 have pretty decent cameras themselves
Mi4 colour reproduction in its display and camera even beats LG,Samsung and Sony who ironically supply their parts to Xiaomi
I had a proper hands on with the Mi4 last month and was shocked with the performance etc

though ASS and reliability is a let down

ashs1

Padawan
As far as camera is concerned, a lot of reviews say they are disappointed with the Zen phone 2 camera quality.
Display is good for both phones but I am guessing mi4i could be better due to higher ppi

mashac

Broken In
Zenfone 2 - cons: camera(some reviews saying pics looks like watercolor, and captured videos as upscaled 480p), battery life, no or very limited xda support because of the Intel chip.

Mi4i - cons: only cons are 16gb internal memory and no SD card slot. Everything else is good.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Zenfone 2 - cons: camera(some reviews saying pics looks like watercolor, and captured videos as upscaled 480p), battery life, no or very limited xda support because of the Intel chip.

Mi4i - cons: only cons are 16gb internal memory and no SD card slot. Everything else is good.

^ Price is a con for Mi4i. I'd rather buy a Yureka with way better CM11/12 for 9k than mi4i with MIUI for 12k.

TN1978

New to this forum
Dear Friends, thanks for putting your great brains together. While I agree, ASUS is a great brand to consider a quality product from them... how about their after sales services in India. I was on iPhone for some years and experienced great services from them and wanted to move to ASUS Zenphone but before making the payment I decided to check their customer services and after sales services.

I sent an e-mail from their support page to both their sales and support team asking them about their promise to support and kind of services I can expect after investing with them for my phone needs. The answer I got was like a formality and more of location link for their after sales support network for me to find the service center.

Has any of you expereinced ASUS Customer Care Centers in Mumbai or Gurgaon? Some of my friends gave a very pathetic feedback about their attitude and support being good for nothing. Have put my decision of buying ASUS on hold and thought of taking some genuine professional advise from you people.

Request if you could spare a few minutes in helping find a right handset partner in India who can help ensure they will maintain it too, once I buy it.

Top Bottom