What should I do after getting benched?

sanithkk81

Broken In
Hi Folks,

I am working as a software engineer in one of the top IT services companies in India for the past 1.5 years. After training period(3months) I got deployed in RCP plugin project(support role) for 3 months. Then I worked in designing UI for an aerospace entertainment device for 9 months.

The work which I did or the technology used in UI designing is not used anywhere else. Because of that I couldn't gain relevant experience:cry: After realizing that I opted out of the project with my superiors permission.

Currently I am in bench for 1.5 months. Because of lack of "relevant" experience I am not able to get deployed in projects inside my company. And I am also not being considered in freshers positions too:-x I did OCPJP certification in the mean time and got some offers but I am not able to clear the written test or interview because of lack of experience and expertise.

But I have got good communication skills and determined to work hard.

Now I want to move into non technical posts in Quality,Sales,Marketing or Management. Even this aids in building profile which is essential for cracking final rounds of MBA entrance exams.

Within my company I am not able to move into the above mentioned domains because of lack of "relavant" experience and being a non-fresher. Other companies are not considering me because of my IT experience and less salary they need to give for entry level post(even I can't expect less salary :twisted:)

I have got no clue what to do next :-( Expecting valuable suggestions and advice.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Top Bottom