What r rip games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Both are mostly the same at times.A full game would contain all the elements of the Actual Game Including all the Extras and Game Add-Ons.Whereas A Gamerip is the actual Game ripped from a Original DVD or CD and altered in order to make an a.)Either a Backed Up copy or b.)A Illegit version for sale.In a Game rip,the ripper may strip down some contents like Cut scenes or may be some Game's add on.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
a game's files are edited to cut down extra stuff like music, sounds, cutscenes speech etc to reduce the file size, and to put no-cd cracks, so that they can be uploaded to warez sites for download. this is called ripping a game.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
digitized said:
And why may I ask, poeple are discussing about rips, cracks, and warez, etc sites here?

Reported...
If this post is directed towards me then let me clarify way in advance that I have clearly mentioned the distinguishment features of both the Mediums of Games.By no means favouring to/or promoting Piracy.Rips dosen't necessarily mean making a copy for warez selling.It can even mean Ripping My original copy to make it a Backed up disc.Its more or less similar term used for the Original DVD movie and a toned down DVD-Rip.By reducing its quality and file size I can save it on My HDD which would otherwise consume tons of Space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom