what programs do virus author use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

What the Heck !
Why do u want to know..is the question I ask....

BTW there are much better things to do.... then makin virus(s) ... :wink:

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
They mainly use programming languages like Assembly language and C which gives them raw power. It is easy to write a efficient virus if you know how to program bootsector. It is also easy to make antivirus if you know the virus' signature

G

gxsaurav

They use a sandbox Enviroment , which runs any code in a closed enviroment insted of running on OS, this way, the code thinks it's working on Windows while it is not

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
See viruses are of many types.

1) Boot Sector Virus
Ancient form of viruses. Traditionally written using assembly language. These sit on your boot records. And spread via floppies.

2) Win32 based general purpose virus
most general virus, they infect any kind of file they wish. (mostly exe/com)... may be written in Assembly/C/C++ ... they utilize win32 functions and exploit them...

3) Macro virus
Created using VB scripting engine that comes with MS Office...

4) VBS based virus
Utilizes Windows Scripting Host (WSH) of windows. you code VBS virus as a series of calls to WSH... WSH apparently is so much powerful (I dont know why...) that you can access your entire hard disk and Outlook address book with it...

5) Trojans / Worms
Can be written in any language you wish... utilize networking capabilities of many popular programming languages to transmit data. I've myself written a trojan in VB6 long back...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
walking-techie said:
instead learn methods to stop proliferation of viruses
Unless you know whats and how's of a particular virus, how can you defend yourself??? To stop proliferation of virus you have to study them... and determine its weak points... Since viruses are also some programs, they also have some or the other weak points...

A case in particular is VBS.Redlof.A ... its is an encrypted VB Script based virus... when it wrecked havoc on my workplace, i studied its weak points and developed its antidote myself... (i'll be happy to share its source code with you guys)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
sujithtom said:
They mainly use programming languages like Assembly language and C which gives them raw power.
Not necessarily... Macro Viruses dont need any kind of raw power... they just utilize some stupidity on part of MS... you can code your own macro virus if you study VBScript and some VB also...

lajs

Broken In
c programming !!!!

using POINTERS ... viruses were written in olden days ..also ASSEMBLY LANUAGE can be used but now c++ and many languages which support programming the memory space are used .....
so if u master ADVANCED POINTERS CONCEPTS u can do wonder!!!!!

techie_it

Broken In
Depends on type of virus being Created .more or less its programming only .ppl do use VBS(Scripting in VB) or C(Trust me , C is just powerfull and lots of things can be done)...

Ashis

In the zone
Assembly is very Good for programming Virus !
Now If U learn it, Try doing something Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom