dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ok Sujoy, please let me know about the OS after confirmation.

Actually i intended to ask about the 3rd gen i3 and 3rd gen. i5. The doubt came after having a look at the following models:

HP 4440s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

HP 4540s ProBook (3rd Gen Ci5/8GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Confirmed, he installed Ubunutu without any issues.

I already said diff irrespective of gen.

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Oh Sujoy thanks.

i think the first model you recommended has been permanently discontinued. Bad luck it seems.

Are there other models worth looking into.

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Sujoy

Do you have any opinion on these models: (based on my requirement)

HP 4445S ProBook (APU Dual Core / 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

SVE15126CN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Sujoy

Do you have any opinion on these models: (based on my requirement)

HP 4445S ProBook (APU Dual Core / 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

SVE15126CN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

first - better get an i3.

second- too costly.

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324061) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324064) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324011) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1 GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Sujoy

Found a few models, one HP G6 and other three Lenova ones on flipkart. Any time they can go out of stock or discontinued, so only i'm having a look at sony standard models.

Among all these would you know which one would run cool and have very less heat, sturdy build and user friendliness with respect to hardware and software and design?

Thank you once again for your support and patience.

Ravi.

Broken In
Hi I am thinking to buy Lenovo Z580 59-333647 but I am not sure how many usb 3.0 ports does it have? Can anyone tell me?

Regards

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324061) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324064) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324011) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1 GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Sujoy

Found a few models, one HP G6 and other three Lenova ones on flipkart. Any time they can go out of stock or discontinued, so only i'm having a look at sony standard models.

Among all these would you know which one would run cool and have very less heat, sturdy build and user friendliness with respect to hardware and software and design?

Thank you once again for your support and patience.

Among these 3 G580 (i5 3rd gen) is one to be selected, if you're not sceptic about brands. I don't have hands on experience with lenovo's latest models, but users' feedback seems to be ok.

surinarayan

Broken In
Try Asus VivoBook,hope you will like it ,but i do no whether you are satisfied with the price :razz:

Check link : Asus VivoBook

Last edited:
OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Just saw it in a lenovo showroom and it has two usb 3.0 ports :)

Lucky you Ravi, but the online pages i read said differently.

suri thanks. Your recommendation came in a tad bit late. :) I made a purchase.

Sujoy

Thanks you for all your help and your patience. I got the g580 lenova one. I had a hard time installing OS on this laptop. A tech. installed 32 bit, win 7 on this with the BIOS sata controller mode to compatibility mode rather than AHCI. My main concern though is about the touchpad. It's an ergonomic disaster. Touchpad design is poor, too sensitive, works like crazy and the buttons below are painfully hard to press. Not convinced if win 7 is any better than vista going by how fast the machine performs or the ivy processor is significantly better.

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Thanks Sujay. About the OS and the processor were my first impression based observations. I'm sure processor will hold up when resource intense things are run.

I'm satisfied with the configuration, weight, less heat, keyboard, battery backup.

But i think the touchpad is poor. It's difficult to handle. Even before installation of O.S, it just worked crazy with installers(not that many, but just of win7-- may be win7 is a bit weak with touchpads). I have tried a lot of tweaks with ELAN mouse properties. Still it does not feel fully normal. The technician's feedback was---everything is fine, except touchpad.

1) Is it normal for a laptop's touchpad buttons to be hard when new?

2) Is it normal for a multi gesture touchpad to be super sensitive?

It just selects things randomly, opens things randomly, moves things randomly-- like stuff when the arrow is moved. It's not about sensitivity alone. I had checked with the lowest possible sensitivity. In that case it takes a lot of effort to even move the cursor but continues random operations.

Last edited:
OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Hi Dashing. Sujoy and all

I'm back with another request for laptop :). My current lenovo hard drive has developed bad sector and it also runs hot and it's also a little broken and puffed up at the right corner a little above where adapter goes in. As long as it runs, i will keep it. However i'm going to buy a new one soon.

1) Budget is between 32000 and 40000 INR.

2) I'd prefer between 14.5 and 15.6 inch screen. Current laptop is lenovo g580 essentials, I want the new laptop's weight around the current one's weight or even a little less. Being not bulky than this one is important for me.

3) I have only experience with HP and DELL and Lenovo if there's something better than these three then it may be fine otherwise i have no specific attachment to a brand, quality and sturdiness matters.

4) Primary tasks: Web browsing, document work and Excel sheets, video chatting, watching photos and if possible occasional creation, watching videos, movies, HD clips and moderate gaming and programming/testing. May also use it to store documents, files, music, movies that i want to preserve and have it handy. Not hanging during multi-tasking or heavy processing is going on is important.

5) Current display is 1366 x 768 resolution. Any better resolution that's great for movie watching(good quality sound would be a addon) and that's easy on eyes is ok. I would prefer matte display and or preferably have anti glare display screen that is easy on eyes for long hours.

6) Heat must be less or negligible without adding any cooler/doc etc If Hard drive develops bad sectors, even the prior-to cool running laptops become hot, isn't there a laptop that runs cools even when HD is not in a perfect healthy state?

7) Battery should be more than or equal to 3 hours(even with resource intense work). I don't prefer OS 8 or 8.1. Either i can install 7 or will have to buy with OS 10(or atleast easily upgradeable).

8) Would a convertible tablet be fine? If then is there a good convertible in my budget?

Must be ergonomic about keyboard, trackpad(should be textured and easy on fingers) design and be easy on fingers, and finally screen must be easy on eyes. Should be durable and not create issues for replacement of battery or ac adapter or something else on the device within first 3/4 years. The laptop could be superior to the one i'm already having regarding technology, processing and other resources but certainly not inferior to the current one. Purchase is likely to be done in india. Mostly i'd be buying online. Please give best options.

Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

- - - Updated - - -

If you can increase your budget, this one seems good with 1080p display & GT940M
Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

If you wait for a week or two, you might get cashback offer in this laptop too

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Hi

Would any thinkpad model suit my requirements?

Anupam thanks, I do not have any experience with paytm links----how good are they?. Does any one have any FK links?

Dashing. Sujay what is your opinion and recommendation?

Any expert or lay opinion is welcome.

@pple

Broken In
Hi all

Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics
I am looking for above mentioned laptop.
Could someone suggest me where can I find it?
On Paytm & Ebay they have got sellers warranty. Looking for manufacturer warrenty.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Lifer1 This is the FK link to the same laptop.

Asus K555LB-DM500D Core i5 (5th Gen) - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Free DOS/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.43999 Price in India - Buy Asus K555LB-DM500D Core i5 (5th Gen) - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Free DOS/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Black Metal Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
@pple

Thanks but that laptop is out of stock as of now. Is there a similar configuration one in Hp or other major vendors?
However i didn't see details like weight, or how hot/cool it can run etc.

-----

Last time i got many good recommendations.

Should i open a new thread?

I'm waiting for more replies.

Thanks.

Asus R558UF-XO044D 90NB09Q1-M00580 Intel Core i5 (6th Gen) - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Free DOS/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.40500 Price in India - Buy Asus R558UF-XO044D 90NB09Q1-M00580 Intel Core i5 (6th Gen) - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Free DOS/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Glossy Dark Brown Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Get this one. It has anti glare display, so easy on the eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

Would any thinkpad model suit my requirements?

Anupam thanks, I do not have any experience with paytm links----how good are they?. Does any one have any FK links?

Dashing. Sujay what is your opinion and recommendation?

Any expert or lay opinion is welcome.
Paytm is good. Many people use it because of the cashback. But to transfer the cashback to bank it must be at least 5k

OP
L

lifer1

Broken In
Hi Anupam_pb

Thanks for your reply.

Went through that link, and there are some bad reviews on touchpad, auto-restart and also work with win 10 only and also say RAM is 4GB and body not so sturdily built. Also webcam seems to be vga one, i want a better webcam than the current lenovo(720p). It's a climb down from the earlier HP one which had 2 MP.

The pros are cool running, processor wise superior, has discrete graphics and is light weight.

If i have to buy a laptop that is going to work on win 10 only, i would better buy it pre-installed. So if a laptop is not having support for win 7, please recommend laptop with win 10 OS.

Considering these things what would you recommend?

Top Bottom