what languages to learn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
im doing my 3rd yr engineering n was wondering if u guys cud tell me what languages i could learn which would not put much extra burden on me n also help me look gud in my CV :D

i presently know c,c++,matlab.
was thinking maybe some web designing may help...just need something that can be learnt through online courses and without HEAVY dedication :)

any suggestions ??
html,sql,php...ive heard a lotta names but dont know much bout them....plz shed some light on this matter...

PS:: bandwisth not a prob so plz feel free to mention sites with video tuts

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
im doing my 3rd yr engineering n was wondering if u guys cud tell me what languages i could learn which would not put much extra burden on me n also help me look gud in my CV :D

was thinking maybe some web designing may help...just need something that can be learnt through online courses and without HEAVY dedication :)

any suggestions ??
html,sql,php...ive heard a lotta names but dont know much bout them....plz shed some light on this matter...
Learn LAMP... Linux,Apache,MySQL,PHP
Real good for u.
And also learn some rev langs like Java,J2EE,JSF,EJB..
There is lot more to tell... Just hanging with this one and sure u know what is IT...
:D
E-Books will enough for that... No need to go for any video tutorial...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

any suggestions ??

learn wat ur heart speaks 2 u...it is not a bound.....:cool:

Install VS2008 and start learning C#... IMO :rolleyes:
for web developement learn javascript,Dreamweaver,HTML,CSS,XML :D

toofan

Technomancer
For web desigining you should have to follow a stream

1. PHP, MySql
2. ASP, MsSql

Pick one stream and continue till you retire from ur job.:D Beacause learning is................

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
im doing my 3rd yr engineering n was wondering if u guys cud tell me what languages i could learn which would not put much extra burden on me n also help me look gud in my CV
JAVA and Unix ...(shell and perl)
ur CV will become rocking then..and also I think buy some good books..ebooks are just for quick reference..I feel very uncomfortable reading some book on PC ....

first buy "Unix by Sumitabha Das"..Install Ubuntu Linux Hardy Heron 8.0.4 on ur PC and start practising :) then move to Java....

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
You're going to become an engineer, not any run of the mill programmer lurking at every nook and cranny. Knowing a language is different from mastering the same. I recommend you start mastering C, Lisp (or Scheme or Haskell - for functional programming and Lambda calculus), and one of the extremely popular and marketable object-oriented platforms (not languages) - Java or dotNET.

How comfortable are you with algorithms and data structures? A degree in computer engineering is a waste unless you can develop your own solutions for countless computational problems with ease and elegance. Know TAOCP by heart, and you shall have confidence in your trade.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ TAOCP is amazing! I started reading it in the beginning of this semester, and still I'm in the first 300 pages of volume 1 only. Of course, it was not exactly in the top of my priority list, but its very comprehensive, I recommend it for all computer programmer wannabes.

PS: I'm a 3rd year computer student too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom